sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lol addy you tell her .Because it is true take work love and money and a little insanity on top of it .You think maybe it's the pond water blood we have

Reaction score
CountryEscape said:
Great pictures, Nilz, and wow, is that an amazing design! I'm very inspired to do more than originally planned for my first pond this spring/summer. Thanks for sharing.:helm2:

haha thanks! i just got up one day and got a spray paint cant and started spraying and started digging lol first sunday i got the top part of the grass up and then the second sunday is what you see there took like a total of 10 hours and about 7 people.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice! with my back hoe mine took a month plus to dig............darn rocks even my back hoe had problems and so hot last summer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh geeze you had 7 people it was only me who dug and put liner in and had to walk liner in get under it to spread it out and took me awhile to find my way out from under it on the shallow end .Every time it seemed like I came out on the 4 foot side and being only 5 ft 2 inches tall the math there did not work out .I wish I had set up the camera I would have won americas funniest home videos lol

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sissy- I think I may have you beat on that- Hubby had a shoulder injury shortly after we started building our new pond. I moved the liner down to the area with a hand truck and then put up the 4th wall. Unrolled the liner & hubby held it in place using clamps (one handed!) while I got it where it needed to be. Truely needed a camera! I then had to put up the ladder to get out! The things we go thru for our little fishes!

Reaction score
sissy said:
oh geeze you had 7 people it was only me who dug and put liner in and had to walk liner in get under it to spread it out and took me awhile to find my way out from under it on the shallow end .Every time it seemed like I came out on the 4 foot side and being only 5 ft 2 inches tall the math there did not work out .I wish I had set up the camera I would have won americas funniest home videos lol

omg if it was only me it would have taken so many sundays to get anything done like seriously lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:regular_waving_emotwhats funny is pond is like a pool and the fish get all the fun and we get to watch and enjoy and spend money and pull our hair out trying to fix things wrong .lol we are all nuts just waiting for the white wagon to come by and scope us all up:fish::regular_waving_emot:fish::lol::lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sissy and Mrs Clem, I'm only 5' so are you both telling me that it will be quite a chore to get the liner in place? I'm not planning on any help, unless boyfriend is there on the weekend, he will surely help. Guess I need a no-wind day as well, or the liner might be in the next township! LOL, I could picture you, Sissy, trying to find your way out from under the liner. Yep, AFV moments, I'm sure!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is better to have help, but it can be done by self. The liner is heavy, depends on size of pond, trying to get out the wrinkles, laying it out correctly to hit all the edges evenly. If the sun is out have on gloves it will burn your hands.
Mine came rolled so it was the center of the pond as you unrolled it, in other words get it laid out in the center of the pond and work one edge out then the other edge. did take a lot of work, so glad had hubby to help. The pond and bog are big, a lot of liner was involved. The stream and small ponds (9x9) I did by myself.

It would be best to have help lol.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well if you get under liner get stuck have cell phone call 911 tell them your under a pond liner could make there day .lol But kidding aside those liners are heavy no matter what size they are and when your in the hole working with them it can get mighty challenging .I tried to do mine from under so I wouldn't get it so dirty or slip and fall and it was easier for me from under to get it spread out right .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sort of.............lol But for a pond your size, I think it would cause more issues than it would help. Unless you can support the liner equally spread out on all edges before filling also would have to worry about anything snagging it.

You are best spreading it out, you start putting water in slowly to work out wrinkles. I walked on mine using my feet to push the wrinkles and you need to make the folds in the corners

Get the 7 that helped dig the pond, spread the liner, that would make it easy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ha ha geeze let me fall in by itself think you worded that one wrong pond already affecting you brain cells

Ask a Question