Hi from California

Reaction score
Country
United States
I consider myself a Newbie, although I have had a very small goldfish pond with easy care fish and plants for about 20 years. I am now in the process of building my first Koi pond and have perhaps bitten off a bit much for someone my age (don't ask - LOL!). I'll be making a bio filter from a 150 gallon Rubbermaid water trough, have purchased a skimmer and a concrete retro drain. The basic digging is done! But it will take me a month or more to finish the pond. It will be a round, 5k gallon liner pond for a mix of butterfly and standard koi. I'm thinking about putting in a bog garden too. Maybe next year
Looking forward to being part of this forum!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I tell I am 63 soon to be 64 and just rebuilt my pond for the second time in 3 years just because a dog fell in and ripped the liner .So go for it because you already know what to do and have the source for water nd filter material from your old pond .But there is a warning koi get big as mine are over 2 feet long

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
hi there, me no spring chicken either
nice to have you join us

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Welcome Bonnie!!!!
I'm an getting old too, at almost 52 years young, but still going strong and no plans to stop now! If you slow down too much after 50, you just age quicker I think. I will be here at my old humble house here in sunny southern Alberta, Canada, I will cling to my old rugged pond, till at last my old body I lay down... Birdies sing in the trees and the sky is blue, the water runs crystal clear, and the air is so fresh, my Home sweet Home!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcome63.gif

Don't forget pics along the way!

Ian

Administrator