Hi from Cincinnati

Reaction score
Long time garden/fish pond owner. However, not really pleased with my 13 yr old pond anymore I decided to bite the bullet and get a new one. This time paying someone to do it.

My old pond was at the bottom of my deck. What I wanted to do, was redo that pond and add a 2nd one under my deck. I was never able to grow anything next to my deck because it was mostly in the shade. Well, anything I liked. So, it just became a weed garden. I wanted to add a pond there and then continue it under the deck. The top (new one) would then feed the bottom pond. I also added a small stream and waterfall that went under my deck stairs. So, the top pond fed the bottom one with two streams and waterfalls. It was just finished so there is no landscaping around it yet. Being November, I'll probably wait until spring do add the landscaping.

I only have gold fish currently. Those you can't see because the water is still murky from the construction. Not only that, my gold fish (for some reason) always go hide during the colder months.

You can see some images here. http://www.acdseeonline.com/share-view/etphoto/bZy21TILtM9s7L4gd6Dn/

Hope you like.

ET

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome! WOW! Love the new set up! Quite the pond! It will be awesome once it settle and you can see all your fishes.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! I was just about to type asking for pics when I spotted the link. Very nice work! And yes, GF will tend to make themselves scarce when it gets colder.

What size is the pond? It looks big, but pictures can be deceiving. Do you have plans or ideas yet for your landscaping? Will you have any plants in the pond?

Reaction score
Welcome to our group! I was just about to type asking for pics when I spotted the link. Very nice work! And yes, GF will tend to make themselves scarce when it gets colder.

What size is the pond? It looks big, but pictures can be deceiving. Do you have plans or ideas yet for your landscaping? Will you have any plants in the pond?

I'm not sure how big it is, each pond is supposed to be 20 feet. So, I guess 40 foot total plus how ever wide. I do have ideas on landscaping but I got all winter to think about it. :)

Yes, water lilies in there. I try to have so much water surface covered.

Thinking about turtles. Don't know yet.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pond! love the change.

Welcome to our site!

hand_writing.gif