Hi from Pennsylvania

L

Lin

Thank you for the complement Waco! I am looking for your Pond now. I have to quit hanging out here so long, the lawn is in need of mowing......,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
That's a lovely pond! I love the balance of the pickerel rush and the lotus. Welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I've had my pond for 20 years and it is my life.I have more than 20 Butterfly Koi, Jap. Trapdoor Snails,Toads, Frogs,Garter Snakes,Dragonflies,and all kinds of plants and herbs. This is a pic of me this month sitting in my Pond among the Lemon Balm and enjoying life. I have enlarged the Pond several times in an effort to have bigger Koi and finally after much trial and error, I have 2ft Koi. I am a little bit afraid of them as they are very powerful and almost knocked me over a few times. They love it when I walk around in the Pond and kick up lots of good stuff to eat. My pond is approx. 4000 Gal. and 25ftx25ft,has Purple Pickerel,Sacred Lotus,Water Lilies ,oxygenating plantsView attachment 131243,bio waterfall,and wonderful peace and quiet even though I live in the heart of a small town with pop. of 3500 residents.
Welcome!!

L

Lin

That's a lovely pond! I love the balance of the pickerel rush and the lotus. Welcome to the forums!
Thanks for the welcome. It is interesting to me you mentioned the balance. I had a hard time situating those plants this year because they are old and big like me,lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcome. It is interesting to me you mentioned the balance. I had a hard time situating those plants this year because they are old and big like me,lol.
You did a fantastic job, I love it, it's perfectly balanced, very zen.

Ask a Question