Hola from Mexico!

Reaction score
Hola LaSelva, I'm just north of you in Paamul.

Hola neighbor! If you're ever down in Tulum come by for a visit. Do you have a pond at your place in Paamul? And do you know of anywhere between Cancun and Tulum or locales nearby to get lotus plants?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum today and signed up. I live in the jungle in Tulum, Mexico. A while back I put a small washtub pond in one of my gardens with some guppies and a couple of goldfish. I enjoyed it so much I wanted something bigger. A few weeks ago I dug a hole and installed a much larger pond made from the bottom half of a tinaco (a large, vinyl water tank the we use here to store water). The new pond is 2 meters across and about a meter deep. I've created a layered substrate of soil, gravel and sand with a rock island in the middle. I have a couple of types of water hyacinth, papyrus, irises, elodea, sword plants, and moneywort growing in there and several types of tropical fish and a few goldfish. And a few little turtles. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've got lots of reading to do to learn from the folks on this forum and may have some questions of my own to ask later.
Welcome

Ask a Question