addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a down the road project. The honey markets have started up, I need to fill bottles, we need to check the bees, poor yard needs mowing again, weeds going crazy, just letting them right now. Piles of stuff I pulled needs to be loaded on the tractor and hauled to the woods.

Our first market for the year, Spring Festival, it sprinkled rain off and on.

I made a banner out of some of my bee photos. First time we have used it.
20180505_093803_HDR.jpg
20180505_093822_HDR.jpg

The black locust are going to have a lot of blossoms this year, branches covered with buds. Now need to have no storms while they are open. They are one of our main nectar flows.

Tip of one branch has 6 flower buds on it. I planted 16 of them on our property. Two feet tall 3 years ago, now over 20 feet, they grow fast.
InkedIMG_2438_LI.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your honey table set up looks very nice and love the banner!
Those trees will be great for the bees. Boy they do grow fast. Wonder if they grow here? Maybe my friend Jessie who just got some bees would like to get some.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a down the road project. The honey markets have started up, I need to fill bottles, we need to check the bees, poor yard needs mowing again, weeds going crazy, just letting them right now. Piles of stuff I pulled needs to be loaded on the tractor and hauled to the woods.

Our first market for the year, Spring Festival, it sprinkled rain off and on.

I made a banner out of some of my bee photos. First time we have used it.View attachment 110296 View attachment 110297

The black locust are going to have a lot of blossoms this year, branches covered with buds. Now need to have no storms while they are open. They are one of our main nectar flows.

Tip of one branch has 6 flower buds on it. I planted 16 of them on our property. Two feet tall 3 years ago, now over 20 feet, they grow fast. View attachment 110298

Dang girl !! YOU HAVE 11 Ponds ... you remodel.... You Have and use your own tractor... have built all your ponds with minimal help.... " BOY DO I KNOW THAT PART" and YOU HAVE THE best looking honey table I have ever seen... When do you sit and enjoy the fruits of your labor..?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the compliment on our honey table, I try to make it attractive and interesting. We have pieces of comb to show kids. I would love to take a frame of bees, but that is so hard on a hive to steal a frame and put it back. And if you take the queen, by mistake, and harm her, you have really hurt the hive.

I can't decide if I am crazy or just can't stand sitting for hours. Dear honey bought the tractor gave it to me, he has not even turned it on once. Same with the mower. I had to do something while he worked, finished his years with the gov. I worked two jobs most of my life to support a disabled hubby. Always been busy. But this busy is insane.

We enjoy life............most of the time. This has been an intense beginning of a year. We need to get it on the market, this is selling season here. So can't stop. We would have been done, but the tenant death in Fl. took 3 weeks of our time away in March.

Now we check the weather, if 7 to 10 days have passed and it is sunny we do bee inspections. If rainy we head to Baltimore. If the grass is getting taller than my pup it gets mowed. Luckily I can turn the ponds and and ignore them. Just now got the stream running, had to or the little ponds in the stream would get the mosquitoes going. I have it run a few times of the day to flush the water.

We go to the beach every other week or so, starting in July Once the bees don't need us as bad and we harvest the honey.

My dad raised me with tools in my hands, he had 7 daughters last kid born a son. I enjoy remodeling. This Baltimore job was a total rehab of a three story 100 yr old row house. Never have I used so much paint, caulk or laid as much flooring. Around 1500 sq feet in total.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for the compliment on our honey table, I try to make it attractive and interesting. We have pieces of comb to show kids. I would love to take a frame of bees, but that is so hard on a hive to steal a frame and put it back. And if you take the queen, by mistake, and harm her, you have really hurt the hive.

I can't decide if I am crazy or just can't stand sitting for hours. Dear honey bought the tractor gave it to me, he has not even turned it on once. Same with the mower. I had to do something while he worked, finished his years with the gov. I worked two jobs most of my life to support a disabled hubby. Always been busy. But this busy is insane.

We enjoy life............most of the time. This has been an intense beginning of a year. We need to get it on the market, this is selling season here. So can't stop. We would have been done, but the tenant death in Fl. took 3 weeks of our time away in March.

Now we check the weather, if 7 to 10 days have passed and it is sunny we do bee inspections. If rainy we head to Baltimore. If the grass is getting taller than my pup it gets mowed. Luckily I can turn the ponds and and ignore them. Just now got the stream running, had to or the little ponds in the stream would get the mosquitoes going. I have it run a few times of the day to flush the water.

We go to the beach every other week or so, starting in July Once the bees don't need us as bad and we harvest the honey.

My dad raised me with tools in my hands, he had 7 daughters last kid born a son. I enjoy remodeling. This Baltimore job was a total rehab of a three story 100 yr old row house. Never have I used so much paint, caulk or laid as much flooring. Around 1500 sq feet in total.
I have met very few people who work as much as I do. My job can be very demanding When there's an outage we can not miss the date. People kinda frown when there's no power. since September I have remodeled Master bed room rock , paint refinish hard wood floors.
Re painted second bed room sand and refinish hardwood. Rehab the kitchen remove cabinets refinish the cherry. install new under cabinet lighting and recessed lights, Granite counter tops limestone subway tile back splash a custom fossil built in the wall and new sink and faucet, all new appliances where I found serious electrical issues, and had to fix those. refinish the floor twice as the first stain did not take well at all on the maple flooring. new ceiling in bathroom crown molding, new sink vanity and faucet, tile floor. New power feeds to the garage for the new pump and again had to fix wiring issues...DID I SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE OLD HOMES??? all working a minimum of 60 hour weeks what fun. LOL it's got to be the polish blood Oh and of course the pond hauling all the rock and picking up stone and digging the pong plumbing the pond , retaining walls oh hell I give in I work too much I too can't sit still HELP!!!! my hat 's off to you,!! addy

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keeps us young! We need to put the time we put into Baltimore into our own house!

Got a call, someone wants to see the house. We are not ready, got to pick up tools clean the floor and finish the basement stairs and a few other things. So we told them next week. Hope they are still looking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow wouldn't that be great to get it sold even before you are done!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keeps us young! We need to put the time we put into Baltimore into our own house!

Got a call, someone wants to see the house. We are not ready, got to pick up tools clean the floor and finish the basement stairs and a few other things. So we told them next week. Hope they are still looking.
. Maybe over stepping here but i'd never turn a potential buyer away. make them aware your under construction still and when they get there tell them they can pick there own paint etc. sink the hook . at least it's a sellers market for you

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i will talk to honey, he wants to wait, but tend to agree with you. Maybe we can just load the junk into the truck and sweep the floor...................
with the prime being raised and expected to go up again if I was in the market I doubt i'd wait

Ask a Question