How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw 3 children in walmart that were terrible and the mom ignored them .They were kicking people and throwing things and cursing at people .There was an elderly lady that they pushed her shopping cart away from her .You could hear the cursing across the store .They looked like the were all under 10 years old .The manager talked to the mom and was ignored and cursed out and police had to be called and you should have heard the mom screaming and cursing at the cops .They were all removed from the store and not sure what happened but was told the mom was arrested and CPS came to get the children .There were still cops outside the store when I left .Sad that children act like they are taught .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Of everything that is going on maybe there might be a light at the end of the tunnel? Is it possible for people to wake up and see this social media is about the worst thing for humanity. where people take text on the internet as facts .Facts now theres a Funny word today.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there is no real truth these days only things they want us to know and things they do not want us to know .I can understand some of it because it could cause panic ,but is panic going to help <NO .People only believe what they see with their own eyes .Panic reports on TV by news people for ratings should be stopped ,but no they say it is freedom of speech ,but how far can you push that freedom .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Math...ha!
Remember those so-called news anchors who commented on how Bloomberg spent 500 million dollars on his campaign? They thought that amount could have equaled to everyone in America recieving a million dollars, with lunch money left over! Basic math! Shameful... proof of failure of our educational system.

I agree with GBBUDD on social media... it's destroying society. The bad severely outweighs the good from it. Sure it's great to keep in touch with family or find lost friends, but there's too much bad caused by the distance of it.
Some people tend to say things they normally wouldn't say to others to their face. So much misinformation too. Too much censoring of opinions. Dumb people who brag they are on vacation, letting criminals know their house is vulnerable. The list goes on...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes they are saying this will be the worst week for us too but our state seems to be getting along nicely so far. If we all keep doing what we should for everyone's safety this will pass. We don't want to let our guard down and have and upswing again because we have lost our patience for staying home. Our governor and our prez do not get along well but even they are managing to get things done together. Let's all work together on this virus thing and then we can get back to discussing all the regular garbage again :smuggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yep, hoping for the best. It seems to be working. Some of the numbers seem to be going down. But yes, don't take that for granted. We need to wait a bit longer to make sure we don't get a rebound.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I think it's important to have a positive attitude. Hope for good results in the near future. Too much negativity out there. I think a lot of the negativity stems from political bias. Some people just won't give it up and work together. Thankfully, I think, they are the minority.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I agree! I try to focus on all the good things that people are doing to help each other and ways that we are learning that it's people that are important, not things. There will, sadly, always be idiots. But they are the exception, not the rule.

Things are looking up. Has anyone read about Sweden?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My husband and I have been enjoying sunsets with the light shining thru all the new growth on the trees. Spring is here, Easter next Sunday. A season of growth and rebirth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I sometimes wonder if people can actually do math. Yesterday the news was 10,000 confirmed cases in IL and people are like "THAT'S TERRIFYING". We have 12 - no make that almost 13 MILLION PEOPLE in this state. Now clearly if you - or someone you know and love - is one of the 10,000 cases, it's scary, but for the majority of us that number is really no reason to be terrified. Careful, yes. But who isn't ALWAYS careful? Don't people GENERALLY wash their hands and avoid sneezing on your fellow humans? If not, then welcome to the world of people who don't really want to get sick.

This is supposed to be the week that our numbers skyrocket in IL. Our current positive rate for people who are getting tested is just under 14%. Are the rest of those all wasted tests? With the supposed strict testing standards, how are so many people getting tested who DON'T have COVID-19? And is that "just" the flu. These are just a few of the questions that keep me awake at night!
Hi Lisa. The real issue is the doubling time. At one time in Illinois we were doubling every two days but now it is over 5 days to double cases. The longer it stretches out then the number of recovered cases start to outnumber the active cases and things get drastically better. We can thank the social distancing and stay at home orders for the longer doubling time. At the current 10,000 cases if you double every 2 days for 10 days your are at 320,000. You can see at that rate it wouldn't take much longer to get to a million... or even 10 million not much longer after that. At doubling every five days your would be at 40,000. That's a huge difference.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think it's important to have a positive attitude. Hope for good results in the near future. Too much negativity out there. I think a lot of the negativity stems from political bias. Some people just won't give it up and work together. Thankfully, I think, they are the minority.
I agree with the minority HOWEVER they have cornered the media market in video and print They got in the schools and now we are paying for it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The real issue is the doubling time.

At the current 10,000 cases if you double every 2 days for 10 days your are at 320,000.

I know... and that's 3% of the population of the entire state. It sounds like a huge number, but it's just not is my point. And of those 320,000 how many will even need medical care?

And all I see is people complaining that people AREN'T social distancing - go to any store. The parking lots are packed. I can't even imagine what the parks looked like today in the city - we topped out close to 75 degrees today in the 'burbs. Meanwhile the mayor of Chicago is going to fine any business that doesn't follow the order to shut down, but she's able to get her hair cut because she "takes her personal hygiene very seriously" and her stylist wore a mask and gloves. The rules are just for people like us I guess, not them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She fits right in with every other mayor you have had out there. Theres so many mixed messages out there its rediculas. we built temp hospitals and brought in the hospital ship and low and behold there both empty or nearly .... thank god but even still no one takes responsibility for them selves today nor can we let anyone fail who's lazy and doesn't want to work..Cash and credit cards need to go pay by app a scanner or you send the money by transfer from your account will take a huge bite out of this pandemic

Ask a Question