how did the rock bottom trend start?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This is what I love; the differing opinions, the shared ideas, the learning, the discussion. I love this forum. And you know what? I never shoot down someone's ideas just because they may differ from mine, and to be completely honest, many thoughts I've had where I've read differing opinions just leads me to do some research. That equals learning... that equals knowledge. Nothing wrong with knowledge. :) All opinions are worth consideration IMHO.

Agreed! I have been on several forums where the tone is definitely "our way or the highway". They treat every pond like it's a show quality koi pond and anyone who deviates from that path is drummed off . I don't really care what anyone else does with their pond, but I do care when the prevailing opinion is that there are many ways to build a pond AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PUT ROCKS IN IT!!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
:banghead: OK, you just stepped over the line with that one.
I don't think we can be friends anymore. :(
Uh oh! I knew that line would get you, Mucky. To reiterate my quote from Emerson in post #70 of this thread: "Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." With a background in aquatic entomology, I prefer to base my opinions in science, reason and personal observation - but I love this exchange of ideas. :geek: Variety is what makes this ponding thing so compelling to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed! I have been on several forums where the tone is definitely "our way or the highway". They treat every pond like it's a show quality koi pond and anyone who deviates from that path is drummed off . I don't really care what anyone else does with their pond, but I do care when the prevailing opinion is that there are many ways to build a pond AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PUT ROCKS IN IT!!
"They" need to stick to their own forum and let the peace reign in the land of the free and home of the brave to rock!

Reaction score
:banghead: OK, you just stepped over the line with that one.
I don't think we can be friends anymore. :(
This is getting hilarious now!!!!! I sure hope Lisa (love her name) did a history on your posts!
Seriously people life means more then this trivial, emotional banter!

Ask a Question