How do you get in trouble at a funeral? Like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My dear hubby and I got married in March, 09, two weeks later we moved my 89.5 yr old dad in with us. He was not taking his meds correctly, living alone, 45 minutes from me. I was getting phone calls from him daily about not knowing where he was (been in the house 60 yrs) old people and kids being in the house (no one there) . I had only been in Maryland 3 months at that time, just moved from Arizona.
So after one really bad call my husband picked him and his dog up on the way home from work and we moved him in. He did not want to leave his home, we didn't give him a choice, afterwards he did not want to go back..........lol
My siblings 5 of them, minus one, all driven by one, started accusing me of stealing his money, I had been doing his banking for 2 yrs, of beating him etc etc. My dad was scared to death of nursing homes, I promised him he would not go into one. He required 24/7 care. He was paying me 2 dollars a hour to care for him = 1500 a month for food, clothes, dog meds, doctors, bills etc etc. He wanted to pay me 30 a hour I told him no.
Nobody in the family would come and give me a break , 4 siblings lived near him. Nobody would take him in even just for a weekend.
We took care of him until he passed. The emails from the family were devastating after he died. It took me a year to recover mentally. Done with family. My will leaves all of them out except the one.

Oh my goodness, how awful! I hope they reap what they sow in life... :mad:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Money or the expectation of money really brings out the real in people, or is it the worse.
My older sister died long ago, I am the oldest, would never have thought twice about taking care of any of them. They are out of my life, I am at peace with it, took a while but ok now. They paid a huge price for what happened.
Oh my goodness, how awful! I hope they reap what they sow in life... :mad:

Ask a Question