HOW MANY ROCKS?

Reaction score
Hey a girls gotta save money somehow lol! A pallet of flag stone here cost upwards of 500$ or more depending on the type of stone. And that's without them delivering It! Really sucks. Indiana has loads of coal stripper pits and sandstone/ flagstone/ slate a plenty. So normally hubby and I make an all day picnic of it and bring home truck and trailer full :) Good way to get away from the 6 kids at home lol, just tell em were going to lift rocks and they scatter like roaches when the lite flips on!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha you got me laughing there w/ the kids and roaches Wendy :LOL:
So true tho, they don't like slave labor!
I'm learning when I go out walking and hunting for nice rocks not to leave them out in plain site for my drive by car pick ups later on. I had one nice big heart shaped rock I pulled out of the bushes and left it laying by the side of the road and came back another day to get it and gone like a thief in the night! Live and learn, guess I'm not the only rock hunting nut around here :angry:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ha Ha you got me laughing there w/ the kids and roaches Wendy :LOL:
So true tho, they don't like slave labor!
I'm learning when I go out walking and hunting for nice rocks not to leave them out in plain site for my drive by car pick ups later on. I had one nice big heart shaped rock I pulled out of the bushes and left it laying by the side of the road and came back another day to get it and gone like a thief in the night! Live and learn, guess I'm not the only rock hunting nut around here :angry:
The poor rock was only playing 'possum. The minute you were out of sight it bolted for the hills!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Prolly right there HARO....wanted to be free cuz I was gonna use it to make one of those rock pile stone henge thingies that some are talking about on the forum and it would have been the bottom one on the totem pole!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go check out your neighbors and steal your rock back jw .I have had that happen too jw found a rock put it by the edge of the road and go back with my truck and darn rock fairy got it . :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't think I didn't check out the yards up there by that rock sissy,but no such luck and what would I do.............knock on the door and say "hey you got my rock and I had dibs on it before you and I want it back,lol" Guess I could have snuck out after dark and hid it in the long grass so I could come back and get it later if I had found it in a yard. Rock burglar I would be and they would call the cops and then what. Arrest me for stealing a rock? :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Need to make little collars for those big heavy ones that I can't carry home w/ I.D tags saying This rock belongs to j.w..........hands off please!

Ask a Question