addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am hiring a guy, no english, for 10 a hour to help me catch up. Got tree sized weeds growing, we have been so wet this year. I am so behind. My neighbor is using him, a good hard worker, heading back to Mexico at the end of the month. His visa is up. I figure it will take around a week of work to make a dent.

Dutchmuch, you would be welcome to come up here and work!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Nate, you are 16, correct? So just out of interest, (or plain old nosiness!) how old do you have to be then to get a provisional driving licence in the US? It's 17 over here.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nate, you are 16, correct so just out of interest, (or plain old nosiness!) how old do you have to be then to get a provisional driving licence in the US? It's 17 over here.
well in this state, 14 I think.... I don't have my drivers yet.. Taking it as a class this year, may be 16, idk it varies per state, my step dad read that you can be 14 here to either start Driving or get your permit or something.

Very confusing, to me at least.

So to straightly answer your question; 16/14

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still have my license for that ,in NJ you need a license and be insured for it .Not sure where you live but injuries to you or others is your responsibility .The company paid for mine .Funny but they paid for it up to 2024 ,not sure why.He may like the fact you don't have a phone more injuries happen these days because of cell phones .A big distraction

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
16 here and in Nj my other son got his at 16 also .But here if you live on a farm you cabn get one for farm use and that is 14

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OMG, I really feel......I don't know...... I would have answered "yes" anyway, to the general question, but going down the list.....really? I answered "yes" to 7, and it would have been 8, but I've only been to Europe once. I didn't read the article, so might be missing something, but I grew up as a military brat (USAF). My parents, while not college educated were quite intelligent and forward thinking individuals. And we pretty much lived from paycheck to paycheck, but I had a lot of opportunities in my life that many kids (even today) don't have. I took Home Ec. (4 years) in high school, so yes, I know about place settings. And I'm a Boy Scout leader, so yes, I've paddled canoes (and sailed). But are those the things that classify one as "privileged?" Guess I better read the article....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know it used to be 14 and 15 in a lot of Southern states, but that was a long time ago.
Here you have to be 14 and 8 mos for the permit and I believe you need to log driving practice and have so many hours in before scheduling the Driving test...my middle son is going through it right now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am hiring a guy, no english, for 10 a hour to help me catch up. Got tree sized weeds growing, we have been so wet this year. I am so behind. My neighbor is using him, a good hard worker, heading back to Mexico at the end of the month. His visa is up. I figure it will take around a week of work to make a dent.

Dutchmuch, you would be welcome to come up here and work!
Poor guy having to go back because of visa. I don't think people realize how expensive it is to became a US citizen. Over the years I sponsored and watched 2 couples , from getting green cards to citizenship it cost about $10,000 a person. You have no chance if you don't hire a lawyer. $20,000 a couple on top of living expensives. The reason we have so many illegals here.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads