TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@Mmathis and I ruminate about this question all the time. To what end? I don't understand enough about bots to know but I would guess it's to gauge activity on the forum, mine data, drive search engines, etc. A real human trolling? Just a sad person with nothing better to do than stir the pot I guess!
I would say troll something like reef2reef, you could get the tang police real riled up!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@TheFishGuy Trolls happen all the time. They are the ones that pop in and ask about an already established (usually) controversial topic.....then proceed to argue with us or say things that get us riled up and want to argue with each other. Trolls are out there trying to sew dissent. Why? Because they can. Robots happen all the time, as well. They are the ones that pop in and ask some off-the-wall questions about a product....that most of the time, no one has heard of. They will post direct links to products or web sites that are a way of saying, “look at what I am touting.” Then, if they’re lucky, there is another robot that (again, someone brand new, who has never posted) will answer and you suddenly have this dialog going between 2 brand new members about something that apparently only the 2 of them are familiar with. For the most part, robots are trying to gain access so they can sell a product or look for a target audience. With both trolls and robots, you usually never hear from them again.

Maybe the fact that the question, “what kind of filter,” was followed by the centipede and snorkel question — since centipede and snorkel play into a very specific type of filtration system..... And then asking about building one from HD parts? And yes, you are correct to be a glass-half-full kinda guy....but as you get older, you will likely start to see through these scams and will start questioning things (again, as you should). There are a lot of trusting folks on the internet, and unfortunately, a lot of people out to take advantage of them. Step 1: get your foot in the door and gain trust. (Like the text I received 2 days ago saying that I had won $500,0000 and to contact XYZ. Notice how the monetary value was typed? Yes, the comma was sorta in the wrong place — I’m still laughing over that one).

I hope the OP is legit, and if he is, that he isn’t offended by my skepticism and will stick around and become a valued member of this community. @miogpsrocks, I do apologize.
It’s very interesting how this work works.... like the target audience here being a bunch of experienced ponders on a forum and a random 13 year old...... a) to smart, b) to broke.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
you like a Snickers bar? Nuts on the inside?

;)
Maybe a few dozen i'm of old school thinking , not to encourage when things are wrong and say it as it is we use to call it tough love and laws ,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It’s very interesting how this work works.... like the target audience here being a bunch of experienced ponders on a forum and a random 13 year old...... a) to smart, b) to broke.
We use to call that GROUP NERDS . M y step daughter being one very proudly

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
the tang police

The tang police... took me a minute!

like the target audience here

If it's a bot, I don't think it's too concerned about who's actually reading the thread. It's just working on SEO - getting bumped to the top of searches when someone is looking for something.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
The tang police... took me a minute!

If it's a bot, I don't think it's too concerned about who's actually reading the thread. It's just working on SEO - getting bumped to the top of searches when someone is looking for something.
ohhh I see now...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can barely remember 13 .. oh wait maybe i can't im not sure if its real or a flash back OR A WANAN BE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I barely recall thirteen. But funny thing, I had a flash back today thanks to photos shared from 2003ish, back when I first joined the military. My unit was deployed at the time, so I spent time with the ones who didn’t deploy while I waited to go to basic/ ait, as I was still in high school at the time. One of the sgts shared pics and tagged me. I’ve doubled in age, and grown a lot in life experience. It’s not letting me share the picture right now, I’ll try when there aren’t two xboxes hogging bandwidth

Ask a Question