how to plant/care for Black Iris Gamecock

Reaction score
Country
United States
so i ordered a hardy water lily from home depot awhile back and for some reason they decided they would give me a free black iris gamecock. all the information ive found on that it is a bog plant. some people appear to be planting it above water and some just slightly under the waterline. The lily and iris both came in this "drop and grow" netting where you are supposed to just be able to "drop it in the water and/or bury it".
so does anyone have any experience with these things and if so how do i fertilize the lily and where do i plant/drop the iris? in the pond or out of the pond?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Black Gamecock Iris will tolerate water up to 6 inches in depth They will also grow quite well in any sunny garden setting providing ample moisture is provided.

Reaction score
Country
United States
ok then i can leave them in the shallow area of my pond. the water is about 1.5 inches above the highest point on the plant.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are in around a foot of water, pot-less I have them just sitting along the edge. They do great. They started out in pots, I yanked the pots this year. They , so far, are staying well behaved.

Ask a Question