sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have never seen so many and some of them are huge compared to some of the moths i get here .Thank you

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is one beautiful moth Sissy, don't think I have ever seen one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get them around by the light on the back porch all the time and always forget to grab a pic of them .They are out there tonight again.We get some really weird bugs here :)The other one I see once in awhile is purple and pink but have not seen them since the rain and cooler night temps .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
wow I actually found the pics of the moth hummingbirds that are here (and that was no small feat looking through all the pics I take around here) and I thought they were grey but with my pic I see they are more tanish and pink!! Lil devils fly to darn fast for my eyes to see their colors!!

Attachments

• my photos 212.JPG
    my photos 212.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 213
  • my photos 213.JPG
    my photos 213.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 211
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
wow I actually found the pics of the moth hummingbirds that are here (and that was no small feat looking through all the pics I take around here) and I thought they were grey but with my pic I see they are more tanish and pink!! Lil devils fly to darn fast for my eyes to see their colors!!
Very nice, around here they have different colors also. Yours are very nice looking

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I learned the hard way that hummingbird moths, also called a sphynx moth, come from the nasty green caterpillars that eat your tomato plants in the early summer! I say hard way, because I picked off those caterpillars and fed them to the frogs, THEN found out what they turn into. So, next year, I'm going to toss a bunch of tomato seeds in the other end of the garden, and let the caterpillars have their fun eating them up, move any that get on my "good" plants! One year I tossed a bunch of green, yellow and white striped caterpillars in for the frogs, only to learn they were black swallowtail caterpillars. Learning as I go .... LOVE your pics of this fascinating moth, everyone! And, yours, too, Sissy. Never saw one so pretty as that!

Ask a Question