I love my all rocked pond

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That looks very very nice, great work!!!!

Been busy with planting and trying to get it all done before the snow flys.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I thought you would like all the rocks I have picked up. I just got back from the river with another load of rocks that I hand picked for cobbling. I am cobbling the other side of the pond now, tired of the wood chips, they get ground down to dirt, and you have to by more each year cause they break down quick and then the leaves fall and it is hard to get the leaves out without removing some of the wood chips. It is easy to walk on cobble when the cobble is placed all at the same level and packed in with sand. I can sweep the leaves of the cobble now and the sand falls into the cracks and the leaves sweep away nice! :)

Reaction score
Cool idea!

Did you see the photo from that link showing that large rectangular pond and that tiny little filter box at far end lol?

No wonder that one had problems. Pond that size needs triple the filtration and skimming and at least 2 5,700 g/hr pumps
Did you read how many fish she gave away? 28 plus! Yes you will have to scoop some stuff up that the skimmer doesn't get.

Ask a Question