Identification

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Good day everbody.
I'm fairly new to the koi. A friend gave me a couple of koi's and need a bit of help identifieng one of them. My thoughts are going towards Asagi...but not 100% sure
Screenshot_20210525_074452_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! You have posted to a Garden Pond Forum, but there are folks on here who are knowledgeable about koi.

The first thought that came to mind was that the little guy looks unhappy and sad. Do you have plans to move them into a pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lots of folks here who know koi - I'm not one of them! But I did want to say Welcome to the GPF and like @Mmathis would love to see those pretty fish in a pond instead of a tank!

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Hello and welcome! You have posted to a Garden Pond Forum, but there are folks on here who are knowledgeable about koi.

The first thought that came to mind was that the little guy looks unhappy and sad. Do you have plans to move them into a pond?

Yes...pond almost done. Within the next 2 days. There were housed in a pond at friend's house and the pond was really dirty and full of algea. His filter broke down 3 weeks earlier and didn't bother replacing it. I've noticed they were very stressed and swimming in burst. After a couple of days i've noticed it's because of the bright light. And where the aquaruim is standing outside on the porch, there is a bit of sunlight falling onto it late afternoon.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Okay...i just looked around and came across portable swimmin pool/pond for VERY cheap.
Will 79 000 gallons work? 27m × 14m× 1m.
I've got 6 × 210Litre drums that i can use to make filters. I've got shading net to cover the whole pond aswell. Any advice or thoughts?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are yo sure you mean 79,000 gallons? That would be one heck of a pool! I mean the measurements actually come out to 99,000 gallons, so now you have to define "VERY cheap"!

Ask a Question