Plant Identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating a barrel pond and I purchased some pond plants online from a reputable company and they arrived in a real state with no instructions. Is there any chance anyone can identify these and maybe tell me the depth they can be planted. I have been trying to work this out for over a week with no luck. All plant identifiers keep telling me different things

This may be a long shot but worth a go. Thank you in advance
  • Water lily (Nymphaea) 'Attraction' I have Identified this one
  • Nymphoides peltata
  • Pontederia cordata
  • Schyzostylis coccinea 'Major'
  • Zantedeschia aethiopica

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you know the names of the plants you ordered? That would help with the id. 1st looks like water mint. Rub the leaves, that will confirm it. 2nd- most likely iris. 4th looks like some type of globe flower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. Yes i have the names but that doesn’t help me as a novice because i can’t seem to find them online when they are not in bloom☺️I will add the names above

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am creating a barrel pond and I purchased some pond plants online from a reputable company and they arrived in a real state with no instructions. Is there any chance anyone can identify these and maybe tell me the depth they can be planted. I have been trying to work this out for over a week with no luck. All plant identifiers keep telling me different things

This may be a long shot but worth a go. Thank you in advance
  • Water lily (Nymphaea) 'Attraction' I have Identified this one
  • Nymphoides peltata
  • Pontederia cordata
  • Schyzostylis coccinea 'Major'
  • Zantedeschia aethiopica
Water lily you figured
Yellow floating heart
pickerel rush
crimson flag
calla lily
Are the photos all the plants you received? Not sure which is what as I don't have most of those . We have a lot of members who are great with plant id-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes everything i received.
lilly yes i sorted
They also had oxygenators on the list but they didn’t come.
This is why i am so confused.
Because i don’t want to put them into deeper water if they are not suppose to be in it.

i did receive a refund

Thank you for naming them
I can look those up now
Appreciated

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
for my money, they all look like marginals, which means 2" or less over top. Btw, not sure how wide your barrel is, but a water lily typically has a 2' spread for dwarf varieties and 4-6' for most others. I doubt your barrel is going to get any light to any other plant if you include the water lily. Maybe a separate barrel/large pot?

Sorry I can't help ID the pics as I don't have any of those nor have I ever. If MrsClem's names are correct, in your pics you do not have pickerel rush nor canna (I have both of these).

Ask a Question