If you want to win the battle of property taxes, deploy your fishies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Every year we get to protest the city gouging us on our property taxes and I've found the fullproof way to win points. Create a power point presentation, make it neat, include your bids but most importantly, deploy your fishes for maximum effect!

Last year we got everything we asked for and had a few members laughing saying it was the most creative protest they had ever seen. :D

fishpower.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
please elaborate a bit more what was the protest and what was the act and result

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Every year we get to protest the city gouging us on our property taxes and I've found the fullproof way to win points. Create a power point presentation, make it neat, include your bids but most importantly, deploy your fishes for maximum effect!

Last year we got everything we asked for and had a few members laughing saying it was the most creative protest they had ever seen. :D

View attachment 157568
Go get em fishies!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
please elaborate a bit more what was the protest and what was the act and result
every year the city of dallas values your home and you get to protest how valuable they make it.

Last year I got them to go back to the tax estimate from the last year instead of the 50k increase the city wanted

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I believe another way to summarize it is "property assessment" the town/borough will asses your property value on what "they" think its worth on the market and tax you on that value. ie how many bed room, bathrooms, square footage, ect. most times this value is way off in there favor.

every year???? thats absurd. talk about justifying one's job title. we here get ours done ever 5-7 years if even that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I believe another way to summarize it is "property assessment" the town/borough will asses your property value on what "they" think its worth on the market and tax you on that value. ie how many bed room, bathrooms, square footage, ect. most times this value is way off in there favor.

every year???? thats absurd. talk about justifying one's job title. we here get ours done ever 5-7 years if even that.
you dont have to protest every year but they reassess every year for sure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's crazy . Every year is not this part of the country now if your property values sky rocket year after year then I can somewhat understand

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That's crazy . Every year is not this part of the country now if your property values sky rocket year after year then I can somewhat understand
what really SUCKS... yes I mean sucks is that if his neighbors sells above the market value, his taxes just went up. People are so desperate to get what they want they will out bid everyone on a home.

Ask a Question