addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, Addy! Yeah, it does smell the same. PeeeeUUUU! lol!

I put a lily in the stock tank, potless. Just dropped it in and left it. The next day the water was clear. That was two days ago and the water is still clear. Weird. I guess the lily needing some nutrients. No flower pods, though.

give it some time, it will bloom, neat about the clear water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never knew that the tubers didn't float up to the top when dropped in w/o a pot. Learn something everyday! Guess peeps tie rocks to them just to keep them in the spot they want them to stay in?

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Never knew that the tubers didn't float up to the top when dropped in w/o a pot. Learn something everyday! Guess peeps tie rocks to them just to keep them in the spot they want them to stay in?
If I don't anchor them down they drift towards my skimmer and eventually would get sucked in, at leas the small one would.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If I don't anchor them down they drift towards my skimmer and eventually would get sucked in, at leas the small one would.

And wake you up at 2am w/ the giant sucking sound again :grumble:

Mine would prolly head for my pump on the bottom of the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Even some of my tubers in pots I had to anchor down jw, they floated out without a small rock on them, until they got roots.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Tie me water lily down Sport, Tie me water lily down...............and down go letting it run in the muck Bill.....................Tie me water lily down.................it's a good morning for singing, the sun is shining and the sky is blue, lol!
Good thing ya can't hear me tho...........................I sound like Rosanne!

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score

Oh no, it wasn't just the tuber. It was the whole plant. lol I just took it out of the container and plopped it in. It has tons of roots so I can't even see the tuber. Water looks pretty gross so I think I'll run the small fountain pump as I did before putting the triplets in. I'm just amazed how fast they are sending out leaves. Those tiny baby leaves are too cute! :wub:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I do like that idea very much of just dropping the plants in w/o a pot..........but I will tie a rock to mine to keep it where I want it. Can't wait to try it out next Spring when I re-pot or actually re- unpot B)

Ask a Question