introduction

gblazzo

gblazzo
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
hello. happy to be a new member . After several years considering a backyard pond, we finally put 1 in . For our 1st time I think we did a pretty good job. The 6 koi seem healthy and Im already anxious to continue digging in order to double its size! Much to my GF frustration , she was looking forward to enjoying our new pond for awhile without actually needing to work on it! I guess its true that once you have a pond you soon want a bigger one. I am hooked.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome tell GF that never happens you always improve or change things . :razz: Thats a dream I have been following for 8 years and still changing stuff come spring .I am sure you will here that from every one here ,thats why we are pond nuts .I have koi and goldfish and koi get very large and need lots of filtered water

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
welcome............ i redid my pond in spring / 2009 and i've been wanting to redo it since fall / 2009... go figure!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome50.gif
gblazzo
I'm on my 2nd pond and don't think I'll do another major improvement till when and if we move again.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh but JW you redid your water fall with the stainless steel . :razz:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have redone my ponds so many times over the last 21 years and still I need more! I started out with one 135 gallon performed, but by the end of the first summer I had added a marsh bucket.

The second year I got a small liner and dug another hole and had the 135 gallon performed pond flow down into a 300 gallon liner, and all was good.

The third year I got a good deal on a 80 gallon performed pond and dug that in a small way from the first two ponds, but it was hot that year and the trees were small back then and that little pond overheated....

So the forth year I got a really good deal on a bigger liner and made the second pond bigger and built up, reversed the flow into the 135 gallon pond, then used the old liner from the 300 gallon pond to connect the little 80 gallon pond which was now the bottom pond. Had then 4 ponds flowing all together and all was good but then ....

The 5th year I decided I needed a bog and added a bog pond to the end so I then had a collection of five ponds all flowing down together.

Then a few years later I made the top pond bigger, ripped out the small middle ponds and made a big 1200 gallon middle pond, and a couple years after that took the two small bottom ponds out and made a 1200 gallon bottom pond too!

I went from 135 gallon to now over 3500 gallons of water 21 years later.... still dreaming of how to make it bigger! Help I did it all myself and this chick is not getting any younger so if I am going to make it bigger I better get cracking again!!!

That was the story of my life. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep colleen is an old biddy . :LOL: get the walker ready and the wheel chair on hold

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She has a power wheelchair ordered already, turbo charged, racing stripes

Ask a Question