Introduction

Reaction score
The forum requests an introduction so here goes:

I live in Parker, Colorado just outside Denver; we have been in this house for almost 23 years now. When we built the house, I wanted to be surrounded by water, the sound of running water and ponds.

We have two small ponds, about 5' by 3' by 3' that are connected by a stream with a waterfall in one pond that connects to the stream; the front walk is a series of redwood bridges and one section goes over the stream between these ponds. We have a larger pond in the back of the house which is right next to the horse pasture; it is about 20' by 13' by 4' and has a waterfall.

We had great success with water lilies and with goldfish until about three years ago when my husband gave me a surprise Mother's Day gift of a "thorough, professional cleaning" of the ponds. Most of the "debris" that they removed from our ponds were the water lilies which had rooted in the bottom of the ponds. My husband is still alive but it was a close call!

For the past three years, I have struggled to create the wonderful balance between fish, snails, plants, etc that kept my ponds so beautiful and relatively algae free. I have joined this forum looking for expert advice on reviving these ponds. Thanks in advance for any help.

Parker pond

Reaction score
Oh bless your heart! At least he meant well :)
WELCOME to our forum! Your ponds sound beautiful, and we love love love pictures ;)
Idk how extensive a "professional" cleaning is, but it sounds awful lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome and I love it when my hubby "helps me" like that! lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wooden_welcome.gif
to our group! My dear sweet honey does nothing to the pond without asking me first, the rule since they were put in.

Ask a Question