Introduction

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Layering the rocks onto and up the shelves helped I think to hide that it was a prefab. The various sized rocks and plants along with the bog helps with making it look bigger than it is too. I guess I'd have to call my pond "the illusion" lol. Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
THATS PREFAB did not know that I guess I must have read it but thought maybe you had a prefab to start with .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It's gorgeous, Rebel! And, wow, what a difference in the plant sizes from one pic to the next. Gives me lots more ideas for my own pond! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
lol fooled ya huh :D amazing what ya can do with rocks n plants isn't it..I wanted it to look as natural as possible so just kept layering differing sized rocks up the shelves to the top and yup the pond takes on a whole new life as the summer progressed and the plants grew I think (sure wish the new sod would have taken hold oh well this spring I guess).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, Rebel, since the grass didn't grow, maybe you will decide to make more plantings in that area. It's just a thought, but by spring, you will have "babies" from most of your plants that you could separate and it wouldn't cost you anything to add more flower/plant gardens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
lol my ol man works at a greenhouse come feb thru June as a part time job...we get lotssss of plants anyhow and have flower beds all over this place but good idea!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The perfect husband for a plant fanatic! I could use one of them, have spent a ton of money on plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got lucky I guess lol :D He always brings home FLATS of stuff to plant...his boss luvs him lol or maybe he likes me hum...lol and then towards the end of most people's planting season (june) he brings home all the stuff the boss wants gone for nothing:D :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok now addy's trading in her hubby for a plant hubby any takers LOL hey 2 better than one

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing sissy, nah he is a keeper! not getting rid of him for anything, even free plants.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well you could still have 2 one for free plants .Don't they always say 2 is better than one and three is even better

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy, one man is more than enough to take care of.............see women are smarter................those polygamist peep guys who have more than one woman, their women can spread the caring of the one man between them and all the chores etc. and they can have little gal outings of shopping together and chit chats etc............they only have one man to try and tell them what to do and a bunch of women to out weigh him in any matters that may come up.................I mean the guy is way outnumbered..............how can he win............what a life for the women!

Ask a Question