Is my rill pond too small and size of the blade ?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello,

Looking for some help here. I am totally new to building water features.

I am looking to create a rill pond with stepping stones over it.

I have dig out the hole and set the foundation for the stone. The rill pond will be underground.

Sizes are
Rill length 8.2 foot
Rill inside width 1.6 foot
Rill debth 1 foot
Should hold about 120 gallons.

I am looking to have a blade with an extended cascade on it.

Would I buy a 150mm or 200mm blade to support this ? I dont want the water splashing out of the sides ?
Also - I was told this rill pond was very small . Should I be building bigger ? before I install the concrete blocks to support the rill ?

I am looking for something like this ..

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Considering that you obviously want this rill to blend in with the patio (as pictured), ultimate dimensions would be determined by patio size and surrounding landscape (position of wall). Assuming that you are referencing blade width when you speak of 150mm - 200 mm, I would think that you could actually go a little wider. Splash will be greatly affected by flow rate and height of cascade. Have you considered utilizing scuppers instead of a cascade?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
No i have not considered scuppers. I will take a look at them and see if they are any better than the blade

Ask a Question