j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh well there ya go..........I thought you had seen fish in there before..............I guess you are actually lucky there aren't any in there cuz now you can start it out right and get all the proper's done first :rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Way we can tell so far the pond is around 20x30 so far we cleared about half of it out .there still could be fish in there Mike took a blow up pool raft out to the middle and measured it and it seems to be around 6 feet deep .I had the rope to pull him back:lol::fish::lol::lol::rolleyes::regular_waving_emottold him bye bye

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that's a nice big pond and when you all get it up and running it will be cool. Just think of all the nice fish they can put in it. They better be prepared to fight off the critters and plan ahead on diversions :rolleyes:

Reaction score
My koi are spawning but have not seen any fry yet. Of course they eat most of what they lay and the eggs I do see are white and don't hatch.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that is one way to have population control

Reaction score
I am hoping a few eggs have sunk down to where they can't be eaten and I get a couple new koi this year.

Reaction score
I saw a one inch baby fish today. I am thinking because of its size it must be a koi. They were breeding in the pond before the goldfish. It is a dark color right now. The father is yellow and mother is gray and black.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
stroppy said:
my fish have started spawning !! a whole month earlier than they did last year. been so warm here in the UK temps in the 80s today pond water is 60 ...ponds a mess,plants in shred's .. i hate spawning !! anyone want some baby fantails !!!! lol

Stroppy, except for the one time I saw a fish being chased no clue of spawning. No plants messed with, pond seemed untouched, but my fish are small. But now in the pond fish from hardly can see them to maybe 1/2 inch in size. They must have been pretty active! lol
My pond is no longer underpopulated...........well in numbers in inches per gallons it still is.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Stroppy, except for the one time I saw a fish being chased no clue of spawning. No plants messed with, pond seemed untouched, but my fish are small. But now in the pond fish from hardly can see them to maybe 1/2 inch in size. They must have been pretty active! lol
My pond is no longer underpopulated...........well in numbers in inches per gallons it still is.

now thats a shame addy i was going to send you some of mine !!! ive got loads of tiny tiny ones swimming around ... now going to have to find new homes for them because im already over stocked :lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol stroppy send them anyways, we are still under populated per inches of fish.

Reaction score
I saw two more fry, total of 3, two yellow and one dark. I know they are koi because none of my goldfish are "gold." If the eggs on the plants I took to school are koi I may be having a lot of koi to find homes for.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
neat nova, my lil goldfish fry start out dark and turn colors.

Ask a Question