Joshs 3600 Gallon Pond Build

Reaction score
Country
United States
Josh’s Pond Build Video

3600 gallon pond, 6x12 bog filter, easypro pro-series small skimmer, 4 inch koi toilet to hydrosieve and hydrochamber, two easypro TH250 4100gph pumps, three 1inch jets, and two fish caves. Landscaping, lilies and bog plants are the next step. Fish will coming in May. Ducks will be added next year. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions along the way, especially CombatWombat and GBBUDD. Also thanks to Dan at Underwater Warehouse for all his help.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
This is an amazing pond! I cant wait to see it all planted.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A7384E75-EB07-4D86-8248-266F82C506DD.jpeg
BDC01B96-0AAB-41DC-A2AF-6A63BDF460C1.jpeg
CE02789F-8BB7-4112-9E6E-C5A6DD6F4DAA.jpeg

Here are a few pics if you don’t want to watch the video

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing — that is amazing! We bought our current house in 2018, as well, but we haven’t made an inch of progress yet. I love your 4-legged helpers!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dan was and still is a huge help to me. He answered all my questions, gave great suggestions and took care of all issues immediately. I can’t recommend Underwater Warehouse strongly enough.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Dan was and still is a huge help to me. He answered all my questions, gave great suggestions and took care of all issues immediately. I can’t recommend Underwater Warehouse strongly enough.

I've never heard of them... great to have a good source that you can count on and trust!

BEAUTIFUL POND! It's like a blank canvas to this plant loving ponder! In a couple of years you won't even recognize this picture!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never heard of them... great to have a good source that you can count on and trust!

BEAUTIFUL POND! It's like a blank canvas to this plant loving ponder! In a couple of years you won't even recognize this picture!
Thanks. My wife has been a great supporter of this back yard adventure. I tried to get her involved in the construction, even telling how it is great exercise. I lost 13lbs since I started in November. Usually over the winter months I gain 13lbs. But, she didn’t want any part of it. As far as plants go, she will be all about it. The problem is she has issues committing to a decision so each plant will go through months of second guessing before it is purchased. Then she have me move it 4 or 5 times before it finds its final destination. It will be great having more involved but it could take more than a couple of years before it is all planted in and unrecognizable from the blank canvas.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are some recent pictures. Fish are in (11 koi averaging over 30", 2 small koi, 7 goldfish and 4 perch), turtles are thriving, bog is planted, deck bar is painted and the landscaping is taking shape. It is not without issues. The soil under the bog edge has settled making the edge below water level. That should be a easy, but annoying, fix. I left plenty of liner for such things. The other issues are fish and plant related which I will post about in those forums.
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0744.PNG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Just gorgeous! Your hard work shows! The steps to the pond are ideal!

Just be careful with your fish load... I know you have additional filtration, but I'd say you've pretty much maxed out your gallons. Are those lilies in the big tubs? Drop those babies to the bottom and get some shade cover before it gets too hot!

Ask a Question