Just built my first pond

What else can I do to make it look better

• Different rocks

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Plants?

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Besides plants in the stones (sedum would look nice) I would also build the ground up a little so that the rocks don't look like they are just sitting there One other thing I wouldn't put the orange rocks back in they compete with the gray rocks and the black liner. Three colors are a bit too much.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I used stone and large pavers with a landscape ring around it. I like the look of it. I would maybe space them out a bit (except for the inner ring) and put pea gravel in between and then plant a few ground covering plants to soften. Like everyone said, it's addicting. I have rearranged my stones, I can't even count how many times. Have fun with it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
Canada
I think that looks much nicer....now to find the right plants. What happened to the fountain that was in your other pic?
I still have the pump; just didn't put it back iitn yet as I wanted to make sure I was on the right path☺️

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
Canada
You guys are all so awesome! Thanks so much for all your help☺️ Very glad to be apart of your group☺️

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You guys are all so awesome! Thanks so much for all your help☺️ Very glad to be apart of your group☺️
And you are very welcome, Kate! Just remember one thing, though, if you continue in "ponding," and that is that you'll get all kinds of advice. Some like formal ponds, some like the natural look, but in the end, you have to do what's best for you!

I can't wait to see what it looks like with some greenery [just MHO, BTW, LOL!]

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
Canada
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
What do I do with these plants I just bought? Do they stay in their planters or do I stick them right into the water?
Are you guys sick of me yet?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic changes!
The plants depends on If they are water plants or marginal.
What does the tag say?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Water violet per the net under water. You could just put the pot it is in, into the pond until it gets to big for the pot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9A
Country
Canada
image.jpg
Ok well the water violet says in the pond; but the other one that has 3 different types in one container only came with one tag that says marsh marigold likes sun/partial shade double yellow flowers in spring. The garden centre I bought it at had it in a very shallow pond. So I'm not sure what to do with it. See picture

Ask a Question