Just curious, how often do y'all feed?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
Every evening.....its my relax time after work. They get special treats, blood worms usually, on the weekends. I love feeding my fish, they get so excited.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every day in the evening during summer. Spring and fall as the temperatures are lower I feed less, maybe every other day or so. During the winter when temperatures are below 50 I stop feeding.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine get fed now and then, they do come running even if I have not fed in ages.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@Jhn what type catfish? I think it's so neat when people have fish other than koi and gold's. I would love to have 2 ponds one day, one for my gold's and one for fish like cats, bluegill, bass.

The 18-20” one is a channel cat, the other 3 are smaller and some type of native catfish as they came out of a local stream.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The only time I feed mine is when I'm checking on them for some reason, or a friend is over and I'm wanting to show off :) Mine are several years old and healthy, so they definitely don't NEED the pellets or anything, it's strictly just for me.

I have a koi in an aquarium, though, and I've been feeding him twice a day... 8 pellets in the morning and 24 at night. Which is about how much he'll eat in 5 minutes. I know, I know, I REALLY should move him to the pond, but I worry about him... that's a longer story that's been discussed before, though, and I don't want to hijack the thread with it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have mostly goldfish with just 2 (gifted, I was going to be just goldfish) koi. I worried about how they would get along, but there hasn't been an issue yet, several years in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Only as a treat, Some of the ki don't even come up for the food as they are munching on the algae on the rocks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I feed my one koi and plethora of goldfish multiple times in the evening, and once in the morning if I remember.

Ask a Question