Just Finished Digging, how did I do?

Reaction score
Country
United States
New pond dug, clay bottom, 6.5 feet deep in middle, about 50' x 75' in size. Couple things I'm thinking about adding ahead of filling it with water:

1. an aerator in middle (close to deep center hole) that would run all year. I have my diffuser in 5 gallon pail and will have a DC powered Air Pump on shore with solar panel.

2. I may add a pump to add a small current around the pond. I would also like this to be DC so I can hook right up to solar and battery. This current will help keep from stagnant.

3. good to know I will have to add some supplemental water via sprinkler in summer. I plan to have that on edge of pond which will also help a little bit with stagnant water.

4. I plan to add sunfish and bass at some point, which is why you see the logs in bottom to provide structure.

Any suggestions, please let me know. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This current will help keep from stagnant.
A small pump will only keep a small area from going stagnant.
My suggestion is more air like three large lifts and a half dozen small rotating which 'is large and which is the small now and then is changing the dynamics of the pond that yourtalking about.
I'd also consider a fountain not my cup of tea but they work

Ask a Question