Koi Food Suggestions

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi - I'm looking for some higher end koi food. Floating pellets, larger, with a good growth and color balance. I just wasn't happy with something commercial that I used last year. Thanks much! Previous years, I used a non commercial packaged
food from a northeastern koi farm but they had more mini pellets unless you wanted 10lbs will due for starters as I don't need 30-40 lb bags. Thanks much everyone :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My fish won't eat those high dollar foods ,I guess since they all were under 5 dollars they are cheaper to keep ;)I do add in fresh strawberries from my garden and blueberries from my bush's .They like watermelon also

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My fish won't eat those high dollar foods ,I guess since they all were under 5 dollars they are cheaper to keep ;)I do add in fresh strawberries from my garden and blueberries from my bush's .They like watermelon also

I ordered 2 types of Black Water food! looks good to me. I don't need 11 lb bags of 2 types of food (22 lb total ) so, I went with 3 different types of 5lb bags of Black Water. Thanks! We'll be using that this season.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
That's what I feed in the summer. I add some hikari saki.
Yes, I did the same + got some cool water low protein wheat germ for 50F ... Ran out of everything last year except
Manda Fu which they love and eat out of your hand. They frenzy over it ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I used to toss in blood worms to my fish. They are just not as interested in it to be honest now that they have been spoiled with black water creek food and hikari saki. Even spooner green and red wigglers are not interesting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I use Omega One, my fish love so much they don't waste a single stick, and I was able to see the difference it made on the fish color

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My fish have always been picky, eating and spitting was what they did no matter what I offered (grocery store brands)
I thought it was just how koi eat, until one day I tried little pieces of carrots and they ate it up piranha style...that convinced me that the cheap brands were not appreciated and I decided to try a more expensive one...
I did some research, I read ingredients and Omega One seemed to be somewhat in the middle (not too juncky, not too expensive ) so I bought it.
The fish loved the new food, and I could finally enjoy feeding time as I had seen others do in videos, and about a couple of weeks after I started noticing colors were getting more intense and even restored where they had faded (my Shubunkins) last Summer I tried the dry shrimps, they love those too, so I mix them with the Omega One pellets, but that's all that they eat, I tried watermelon, lemon, lattice..... my fish won't eat it that stuff

Ask a Question