sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
aggie is the main reason i spend hours and days and weeks catching frogs and taddies and relocating them to farm ponds .The farmers love frogs in the ponds to keep mosquito's down

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
if ur koi and gf have tasted plants , now they will not leave any type of plant even ur lily will b eaten , u can build a chamber for plants from any netting or stones , i did that , if u wana have floating pot u can use a water pipe and make it a ring joining both ends , it will float then add any type of net in it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Pond plants can be containerised, in large tubs

Some pond plants are tougher than others.... Thalia, cyperus and pond iris are indestructible....,

Thalia just laughs at koi, pah!

thalia650.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But some of those plants can also take over a pond .I know some of the ponds I took out had iris and other plants that when pulled out they brought the liner with them .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
A few pond iris are big, some, are not. Yellow flag is a brute, for sure, while Japanese iris are incredibly slow spreading, well behaved...

Thalia, cyperus are clump forming plants which are fairly easy to lever up when established in a sturdy pot, and survive the Lizzie Borden treatment. Very resilient...

Too tough for koi to handle!

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Sorry for late reply every one,but thank you all for your help--
I love live up in the mountains so is not easy for me to catch some internet.only like once a week I come down to the town to catch signal.
I would like the idea of the floating basket,etc.but the problem is that it might be too big.i want to only have like a few plants ,small lilies would just be alright.mainly because the plant also make the place green and gross,(it's roots ,and special when they go rotten) and when it grows too much,it could cover my whole pond.
What do all of you think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
It is a very elegant sculpture, I presume for kiddies to paddle on a hot day

Unless there is some compelling reason it probably serves no purpose adding plants

Perhaps a favourite small papyrus in a pot for looking elegant, a few water hyacinth for the fish to nibble on....

Just a few selective plants, easy to control

Ask a Question