Wanted Large pump

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone- I'm in the market for a large submersible put for my pond expansion this spring, wanted to start here first. I'd like it to be 2,000+ gph. Wanted to try here before I by a new one

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like my Laguna Max Flo 4280 gph for my about 2400 gal pond. They have smaller ones to fit your needs. I first started out w/a Pondmaster 2400 gph but that brand uses more energy power than Laguna pumps. It did last for over 15 yrs tho. Have my Laguna running for about 4 or 5 yrs now I believe.
Here is a post a member @HARO posted about Laguna pumps back in 2014 or so.

Regarding Laguna, I have been using their pumps for about 14 years, and consider them among the best FOR THE MONEY. Apparently there ARE better pumps out there, but I for one really can't afford them. Laguna pumps were made in Italy for years, but about 6 years ago they introduced a 'more affordable' line of small pumps made in China. After having to replace a number of impellers in these pumps, (One needed three in a month or so), I told the rep that I would not be carrying them any more. I don't like to sell crap. BTW, the problem with these pumps could easily be remedied by using a better plastic. The impellers basically wear out in no time. Chinese plastics were made with lead, and when North America realized the danger of lead and banned it in most products, China was caught with it's pants down, so to speak, and is now playing catch-up. Time will tell.
Anyway, the pond pumps sold under the names 'Max-Flo' and 'PowerJet' are the ones that would interest most pondkeepers, and are still made in Italy. The MF series is a basic pump intended to move water to filters or waterfalls, and has a cage around it with 5/16" holes, while the ones on the PJ line, which come with everything needed to run a fountain as well as a diverter valve to move water to other features, are 1/4". If my memory is correct, these pumps now come in sizes from 600 GPH to 4200 GPH. They are not exactly cheap, but in my opinion are good value for the money. Sorry for the long-winded post, now I have to go soak my typing finger in ice-water!
;)

John

Ask a Question