j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Must be quite a job wrangling them all up and into the inside pond. How long does the whole thing take? They will be nice and cozy all tucked into their nice warm indoor pond...........lucky them when some others have to stay out all year in the freeze. Would they be able to make it outside all year in your pond or is it just not deep enough?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
nice fish, they will be cozy and warm inside.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
j.w...its not as much trouble as you might think, getting them inside. i pump alot of the water into the basement pond and finish draining it out in the yard..as the water level gets lower, their ease of capture increases proportionately. i dont know if the big guys would make it or not but theres been some young ones( goldies) left outside ..no bubbler even and theyve been alright....i'd bring them in anyways!
addy...i keep the water temps just under 60* so theres minimal evaporation...but its way better than mid 30s i guess!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't even imagine trying to catch mine, they are on their own over winter. But will keep a hole in the ice this year.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
it just kind of stays about 58*, the cold concrete floor, waterchanges (water is quite cold) , and i shut the heat vents down in the basement.. but the water heater is 10 ft from pond if needed as well. i rarely have to worry about warming tho. i do a 50 gal waterchange every 4 days...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Koiguy, I know you said that was the last video for the year, but I can't see the one I like....:-( I think it's pattern may be changing but it was hard to see from the glare. One more video before you move them please that has less glare. Wow they are growing fast! some have gotten some really nice patterns.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
like i said ...last outside video....
i will shoot more videos in the basement pond. and i plan on segregating the juveniles into 'like groups' and taking photos as i move them indoors
and FISHIN' ..check out the baggy cam thread here...
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/topic/7928-baggy-cam-time/
you'll probably see the one you like best....and you'll definately see him in the pics when theyre moved.

Ask a Question