Leaks

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond has a leak. I have drained it, gone around the pond three times searching for tears and only found one whole. It was repaired and pond refilled, but a leak still persists. I have isolated the leak or seepage to be in an area which is 3-4 inches in height and still cannot find a tear, rip, hole. Has anyone used a spray sealant like flex guard (or whatever its called)? I have looked on pond sites and there are products but they are hundreds of dollars. Obviously a want something non-toxic to gold fish and frogs... I want to paint something on or spray all the way around the pond at the height where the leak is happening.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you sure it's a hole in the liner and not water getting over the liner? Does it stop once it gets below that 3-4 inch height? Water can wick UP a fold and escape the pond, go over the edge, behind a rock, etc. If you can't SEE a tear or hole then there likely isn't one.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you sure it's a hole in the liner and not water getting over the liner? Does it stop once it gets below that 3-4 inch height? Water can wick UP a fold and escape the pond, go over the edge, behind a rock, etc. If you can't SEE a tear or hole then there likely isn't one.
I have felt in the folds and even pulled them out to look. It is not going over the top, and the leak does stop at a certain height. I have gone over it three times, actually in it, walking, feeling, looking, trying to remove some of the "rough surface" in case there was tiny holes. I was thinking maybe the liner is old and there may be seepage, instead of an outright tear?? But it abruptly goes down and stops at a cerain height. Funny, but sometimes it does hold water for a long while, then all of a sudden, loss of about a foot (when it is completely filled up). Possibly in that case there was debris in the hold that prevented sudden loss of water?

Ask a Question