Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Wow, nice mess!

Reminds me of that old, old movie. "Squirm"

What do you do with that stuff? Net it, then use a blower to blow out the perimeter?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I actually used a rake in the pond to get rid of most of it, then the net, then the blower to get the edges and the bog cleaned out. The nice thing is the tree is now almost bare.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
Wow tbendl and I thought our pond looked bad after a small wind storm covered it with pine needles. :notworthy: You Win :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I actually used a rake in the pond to get rid of most of it, then the net, then the blower to get the edges and the bog cleaned out. The nice thing is the tree is now almost bare.

Kind of what I did for the willow leaves, rakes it to the edges then scooped it out. Used my net to get what wasn't floating and a shop vac to suck up the leaves are the edge in the rocks and shop vacced the leaves in the bog above the waterfall.

Last year we had a real windy storm roll in one night the first week of Dec. worked out well. Woke up the next morning and all the leaves dropped over night covering the pond, couldn't see the water. Hubby and I got out there and cleaned them all an hour or two and were done with it. This year we weren't so lucky, they slowly dropped over 4 weeks time.

Ask a Question