Lee Aronfield

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this guy?

He seems to have quite the collection of koi. He lives here in Cayman. Sounds like he started a koi club, with his wife and another couple. I've read his fish win prizes at competitions, not sure if he keeps fish in the USA or if he flies them from here to the competitions.

I might start my own koi club. I'll be the only member, make it MORE exclusive than his!

But seriously, I am thinking of trying to start some sort of pond club, pond Facebook page for Cayman. We must all have similar challenges, with the heat, sun and iguanas. Plus it would be awesome share and trade plants and fish.

No clue how to get something like that going.

Reaction score
Priscilla,

I haven't heard of Lee Aronfield, but I am not a Koi keeper either. However, your idea for a local "Cayman specific" group for pond and related stuff sounds like a great idea! I am not sure how to start a venture like that, but have you googled the idea? maybe it or something related is already avaliable that you could join and expand upon. Especially since you say that it is difficult to get a lot of specialty items for ponds, maybe by creating this group you can pool resources and buy stuff in bulk to be shipped in at a much lower cost than for just one person. It would be like a coop association or something.

Otherwise, I am sure that some other members here will drop some hints and ideas for you in this thread.

Gordy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We are the founding fathers of the Plymouth and District koi keepers society Priscilla we started out with just 7 members our society now has over 50 families :).
So put an add as we did in your local paper as we did and see where you go from there if you like you could inclued Goldfish keepers as well perhaps even the fool who has two koi swimming in next to no depth of water will join and you can then point out the error of his ways :)

Dave;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is one way to get great help that is climate specific. We all have so many different climates and critter issues to deal with.

Ask a Question