Little white maggot looking things at the bottom of my pond!!!

Reaction score
View attachment 68958 View attachment 68959 View attachment 68960 View attachment 68961
Update guys, so I looked today and they were in fact moving and swimming around as you can see they are small and white but have a black circle on their bodies. Can anyone advise me in what I should do. Sorry for the late reply and thank you all for your time.

Best,

Am I the only one who sees fins on the one in the first pic? I clearly see a tail and dorsal fin and the rays in the fin too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I saw that but convinced myself it was reflections or blurs of some sort.

CSR

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all I am new here and am in need of desperate help. I have an outdoor pond with a couple of koi in it not very deep five feet at the most. Today I noticed at the bottom of my pond little white maggot looking things, they do not move but they just sit at the bottom of the pond, I took one out and sacrificed it to better examine it and when I did a jelly like substance came out. Can anyone help me in regards to this matter I don't want my fish to get sick or die.
I have the same thing and am wondering how you dealt with them

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, @CSR! This is an old thread — like 7 years old — and don’t think the OP is around any more.

You might be better off starting a new thread, tell us about your pond, and what these creatures look like. Better yet, take some good pics of them for us. Please, include pics of your pond! We love to see pics of others’ ponds.

Ask a Question