Louisiana iris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I leave them right where they are growing, in the bog they are in pea gravel, freeze up pretty solid.
In the pond they are from 4 to 10 inches below water more or less. I don't worry about them. The only ones I lower are the lilies.
I leave mine in the water also. I use to lower to bottom but they seem to come back slower.i left the on my shelf and I think they froze solid this year and they are coming back great

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Could be worse I have a ground hog that likes to eat pump power cords. At least I know my ground fault works or we would have fried ground hog
My neighbor feeds the birds and the squirrels. I have the pond full of nice water rite next door. Together we are the local dinner for the little forest creatures. Oh well it gives my cat something to do. Don't worry he is far to fat to catch anything. But if a bird actually landed on him....:cat:

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I feed everything, even the groundhogs. Giving up on fighting them, got a fat mama living under the garage, a skinny who knows under the other garage. Get rid of one more move in.

Usually can't even tell what the eat up I have so many plants growing.

Ask a Question