Flooding in South Louisiana -- prayers!!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Things are pretty bad. @fishin4cars has been posting pics and videos from the vicinity and his neighborhood on FB, and WOW! I hope he knows that we're all thinking about him.

@YatYas, hoping all is well with your family.

We have other members from South LA who haven't posted in a while -- thinking about all of you!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yea. Pretty nasty situation. Larkin (fishing4cars) did not listen to the Nat'l Guard when they came around and told him to evacuate. Now he is sitting on a island surrounded by water and the Nat'l Guard has skeedaddled. If he can hold out for one more day he should be okay.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yea. Pretty nasty situation. Larkin (fishing4cars) did not listen to the Nat'l Guard when they came around and told him to evacuate. Now he is sitting on a island surrounded by water and the Nat'l Guard has skeedaddled. If he can hold out for one more day he should be okay.
Yeah, but he chose to stay with his critters, which couldn't be evacuated. I would probably have done the same.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I was wondering what happened to Fishin4cars. I'm glad to hear he's doing well, except of course for the flooding situation.
I was concerned that he had a health issue or something serious.
He's a moderator here and hasn't signed in for a long time.
If he's not going to participate, he should resign as a moderator.
This board doesn't need much moderation but when long time members don't sign in for a while, I worry about what could have happened to them. (I'm probably not alone thinking that)

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Today we learned all in my wife's family narrowly averted flooding in their homes by mere inches. One of our great nieces brand new car sustained minor water damage. Changes are very good that her car can be quickly restored. Our prayers were answered. Thank you Lord. Thank friends for your concern.

Louis & Cathy

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
It was also good to know that our old home in Eunice, St. Landry Parish, LA now owned by one of my brothers-law, was not flooded. The entire family lives in SW Louisiana, French Acadiana. A beautiful, culture rich region that right now is very wet. Not long ago we learned flood waters in Eunice were dropping. Eunice is approximately 45 miles west of Lafayette. There are so many devastated throughout South Louisiana. They need our good thoughts and prays. Google "floods in Louisiana" for detailed information.

Thankfully we have never had high water troubles around our present home in North Texas.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Big Lou I know you're relieved to hear that your family is safe! I just checked radar weather and things are still active, but scattered down south at the moment. There is something in the Gulf that seems to be moving slowly northward. From what Larkin said as well as a few others, a lot of the flooding was due to rising rivers that have fortunately crested and starting to recede. Scary! We've had bad local flooding over the past couple of years (from the Red River), but we are fortunate that our subdivision is build on a bluff, so is elevated enough that our only flooding would be minor and transient. Knock on wood!

Ask a Question