Matala Pump Defender-9" ID- MPD-9 Green

Reaction score
Installed this pump protector and couldn't be happier! NOTHING put water travels through the pump! Have to clean it once a month by hosing it down outside the skimmer. But other than that works great!
71PfSRB6paL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Attachments

• 71PfSRB6paL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    71PfSRB6paL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 45
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I used this on our 3000 gph waterfall pump. It worked really well until it began to clog. Un fortunately it got so it was really clogged up so I removed it. Mine was pulling straight from the pond, no prefilter.....so a lot of dirty water. I'm really happy it's working well for you and hope it continues for many a year :)

Reaction score
I used this on our 3000 gph waterfall pump. It worked really well until it began to clog. Un fortunately it got so it was really clogged up so I removed it. Mine was pulling straight from the pond, no prefilter.....so a lot of dirty water. I'm really happy it's working well for you and hope it continues for many a year :)

Thanks! I can tell when its dirty by watching the waterfalls and when it slows down slightly. I then just pull it and hose down. Usually once a month. The water from the pump goes through an extensive bio filter media setup to the waterfalls. But you are right. When pulling from the pond it collects quite the build up.

Ask a Question