931326_519204841470120_11856671_n.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I know what you mean, but soon we will be old and a new generation will be born, mostly Muslim, so I will just have to "go with the flow", accept our fate, and not cause any war between people under the same nation.

Canada now has it's first Muslim and GAY major in Calgary Alberta, Naheed Kurban Nenshi, born Feb 1972, immigrant parents from Tanzania, and was raised in Toronto Ontario, not your typical Muslim, he is of the Ismailli faith AND a big supporter of the Gay pride parade. Naheed took the Calgary Mayor's race by storm a couple years back, and was not even projected to win! Naheed is a smart, smooth talking, charismatic young gentleman, who is now very popular with most people and appears to be doing a very good job! I am always impressed by the sound of his voice, and I do like him and would give him my vote if I lived in Calgary. I am neither Gay nor Muslim, and I "judge not, least I be judged also".

Reaction score
callingcolleen1 said:
Canada now has it's first Muslim and GAY major in Calgary Alberta, Naheed Kurban Nenshi, born Feb 1972, immigrant parents from Tanzania, and was raised in Toronto Ontario, not your typical Muslim, he is of the Ismailli faith AND a big supporter of the Gay pride parade. Naheed took the Calgary Mayor's race by storm a couple years back, and was not even projected to win! Naheed is a smart, smooth talking, charismatic young gentleman, who is now very popular with most people and appears to be doing a very good job! I am always impressed by the sound of his voice, and I do like him and would give him my vote if I lived in Calgary. I am neither Gay nor Muslim, and I "judge not, least I be judged also".
I dont care what the color of a person's skin is, nor their "social class" (I hate those words) ... What I do care about is ATTITUDE ... Born here, or legal immigrant, I dont care, as long as they are a honest, hard working productive member of society (obvious exceptions to the elderly or those with LEGIT disabilities) ... The type of people who are too lazy to work, or have the entitled attitude of they dont have to work, can just sit back and take advantage of the programs meant to HELP people, I have serious issue with, but that is not race or gender specific LOL.

Reaction score
Decided to make another fry basket ... Couldnt find the tool I needed, so posted to another thread asking if I could use my saw to cut the pvc ... against good advice, I used my saw anyways (which I expect hubby to yell at me for when he gets home) .. I was careful, and survived uninjured, but thought I would post my newest project here. Ended up bigger than I was originally thinking ... was planning the footprint as 32" square (cut pvc to 30"), but then decided to cut the side pvc pieces as 30" as well (the height) ... thinking I could then use it in both basements ponds, as well as outside ... now that I have it together, not happy with how much sewing I have to do LOL ... 30" cuts did NOT sound all that big!!!

Reaction score
Once I get the screen sewn on (using rolled window screen on the baskets and divider panels), it will go into the plant pond in the basement for now, but was thinking with the added height, it would be flexible for outside use too. I just need to get an idea of how big babies need to be, to not be threatend by the dragonfly nymths. I know they can take out 1-2" babies ... Then again, I may be able to make a "lid" for it, to keep the DNs out ... Hmmm... that may be a future project???

Reaction score
Hubby was all happy with me, and surprised I didnt have issues with pieces flying:) HOWEVER, it was a GOOD thing I didnt GLUE IT YET!!! Hubby is going to do it for me, AFTER he fixes my SCREW UP ... LMAO ... Yes, I really am blonde!!! So I made it 32" square, and did a really good job, EXCEPT for I made it TOO BIG to go downstairs ... normal 30" doorway LMAO ... Ooooppppssss ....

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
capewind said:
Hubby was all happy with me, and surprised I didnt have issues with pieces flying:) HOWEVER, it was a GOOD thing I didnt GLUE IT YET!!! Hubby is going to do it for me, AFTER he fixes my SCREW UP ... LMAO ... Yes, I really am blonde!!! So I made it 32" square, and did a really good job, EXCEPT for I made it TOO BIG to go downstairs ... normal 30" doorway LMAO ... Ooooppppssss ....
That is a classic. My wife's late father built her a fancy doghouse for her poodle. His shop was in the basement and was too large to go up the stairs. I think he had to cut in in half to get it out. Can happen to anyone.

Reaction score
HTH said:
That is a classic. My wife's late father built her a fancy doghouse for her poodle. His shop was in the basement and was too large to go up the stairs. I think he had to cut in in half to get it out. Can happen to anyone.
It was really funny. Glad I can laugh at myself. So now it is 28"w x 32" x 32" LOL.

Reaction score
I was down in the basement to grab a picture of a plant, and thought I'd share some other pictures as well:)

Hubby is finally building a real filter for the 600 gallon plant pond (that I added baby fish to) that he put together FOR PLANTS in October ... Not much to see right now... The little round trash can isnt much to look at, but turned out to be a nice prefilter (my words) ... it's main goal is to catch all the plant roots, but it has pulled a discusting amount of muck too ... The plumbing to the corner is for the baby skippy filter ... the last 2 elbows at the discharge was just stuck on to get the temp flow away from the corner a bit ... the vertical pipe is the feed down to the swirly pipe things in the bottom of the skippy ... took today off since it's raining, so just took off to the irrigation supply house to get a couple more fittings ... hopefully, it will be done today ...

Here's a shot of the baby skippy to be ... since it is so shallow (may hold 45 gallons of water full), he decided to put a bottom drain in, instead of a side dischage for sludge removal ... he made some comments after putting the flange in that he should have designed that differently, to have kept more water height inside, but I dont see it as an issue ... the plant pond is only 600 gallons, and regardless of how many fish I stuff in there (about 50 or so at present), there are also plants to help ... the pathetic old tote kept them at 0 ammonia/nitrites, so really dont see an issue ...

This was the old tote filter ... really, does he need to be concerned with the slight loss of water in the skippy??? LOL ... I dont think so ...

I was also able to get a couple pictures of babies I want to keep in the 750...

I am really hoping the spot stays on this little Tancho butterfly ... I had read the spot could fade ... so hoping it doesnt. Also planning to keep a gin rin Yamabuki (yellow fish to the left) and a gin rin orenji (orange fish to the right), but I have a few of those to pick from, dont know "who" is in this picture LOL.

and from this picture I really want the Tancho Sanke that is tight up against the liner ... white fish with orange on its head, and black botches on its body (body markings are pretty even on both sides) ...

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
We HAD a similar sized on in our living room greenhouse bump out at our last house. . It was surrounded by huge tropical greenery. .You are making homesick. And yes I like yours too :)

I love looking at your baby koi !

Ask a Question