Misc ramblings...

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
AND GUYS...ISNT THIS THE TRUTH?
941521_567629786591892_156575_n.jpg
This was my first husband - obviously that didn't last long before he was kicked to the curb.....

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I do not think I have told this story here. Forgive me if I have.

A few decades ago my wife and I were ill with a nasty flu bug. I was sick first and she was very kind and nursed me through it. As I was getting better she came down with it and I nursed and cleaned up after her.

After it was all over we talked about how nice it was to have someone to care for us and wouldn't it be nice to have that sort of thing all the time. We came to an agreement that we would do things for each other. For example If she beats me to bed I might get her a glass of water and that pill she forgot to take while she was up.

So if I were to ask my wife to get me that beer it would happen because it is a two way street.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey and I are the same way, he pours me wine, when I want it, I get him a beer when he wants one. We both were sick when we on a "date" meet in florida, two sick people taking care of each other, boy did we trash that hotel room, never left it. Did pick up before we left.

Reaction score
They are, and even bring back memories ... hubby only ONE time treated me like that picture proposed ... and HE really wasnt THAT out of line ... I was over the top with hormones from our first pregnancy (no one knew when they next spoke if I would laugh or cry LOL) ... He had a bad day at work, came in hungry, and saw there was nothing left (I was eating enough to feed 4-5 working men) and a bit harshly in my hormonal view asked when I was making his dinner ... let's just say he got it faster than he expected ... slapped a RAW steak, a BOX of potatoes, and a bag of frozen peas on to a plate and half handed/half threw it at him LOL. Through the rest of THAT pregnancy, and the next two, he was VERY careful how he asked for things ...

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
"CONTRAVERSIAL" POSTS ARE SO MUCH FUN!! ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
That they are...... I cannot complain. Hubby bends over backwards to make me happy and I do the same for him. Unfortunately, hubby is now disabled, so I come in behind him a lot and do a lot of running for him. On the flip side, every time I admire something, I see it under the tree for Christmas or neatly wrapped for my birthday. I did tell him ' you don't have to 'buy it because I like it'. I think he feels badly because he cannot 'do' any more. We used to have such fun gardening and cooking together.

First husband surprised me with a lot of things by changing after we were married. Interestingly enough, on our honeymoon - he went from a good paying job in construction to no job at all. As far as I know, he still isn't working..... makes you wonder about some people.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
sissy said:
Simple thing there is no I or me in marriage only we and us .
I think that is a bit harder to achieve in marriages without kids. It seems that cooperating for the good of the children helps to turn people into adults too. Having to care for someone else. At least that is the excuse I use for not growing up.

Reaction score
Love my hubby, he's so cute:) He scratched working today as we were supposed to have heavy rain (not here yet but getting dark fast) ,,, so what is he doing but DIGGING in the backyard to give me a visual of the next pond:) I was all good at laying a garden hose out, I could have waited LOL ... the only thing I wanted to give input on is MY sitting area next to the current pond, and the new waterfall to his lily pond ...

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have visions of making the top pond bigger.... hubby want's to play in the dirt in his side of the fence and rototilled it all nice, but I am running out of room on my side. I plan to take that little garden fence down and extend pond to vegetable garden. I will wait till fall and then take just an inch or two .... hope he won't notice once fence is down!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol colleen, the yard is mine, honey does not care what I do to it. He does like drawings...........gets them sometimes......lol
We have 4 more ponds just because of him and craigs list. stock tanks and preforms.

Ask a Question