sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
those boxes are great for lots of things .I use them for my underground tanks I store water from my gutters.I have the pipe in my tank now and it comes up to the box and the outlet is in it and now all I do is take the sump pump and plug it in and the box protects the pump and I can water and fertilize my gardens .I used to take the pump out there and drop the hose down and run an extension cord .this is much easier .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
capewind said:
The wave petunias SHOULD be a perennial in your area ... they are in mine. If they ever dont come back, check the PH of the soil they are planted in. They will do "okay" for a season or two in clay (which has a high PH), but prefer a ph of 6-7. Do you have them planted in your pond??? wondering about them clogging your filter. Never tried them IN the pond.
Oh? Perennial petunias? Clearly I should investigate...

Reaction score
Wispfox - I don't have petunias planted around my pond, however I do have them elsewhere on the property. If you break open the seed pods they will come up the following year. Quite often I break often the seed pods before I cut back my toonies so they will come back again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Carolyn22 said:
Wispfox - I don't have petunias planted around my pond, however I do have them elsewhere on the property. If you break open the seed pods they will come up the following year. Quite often I break often the seed pods before I cut back my toonies so they will come back again.
Ooh, so by perennial you meant reseeding. Ok, that I knew about. Hoping mine do in fact come back, but I think they probably should have started growing by now! Ah, we'll.

Reaction score
wispfox said:
Ooh, so by perennial you meant reseeding. Ok, that I knew about. Hoping mine do in fact come back, but I think they probably should have started growing by now! Ah, we'll.
I had 8 purple waves last year (3" pots) and as far as I can see, only one has come back ... not budding up yet... infact i almost pulled it as a weed and hubby stopped me LOL. Ironically, its the one the dog kept laying on that looked soooo sad last year.

Also have a little violet looking thing that sprang up ... should post a picture of it so someone can tell me what it is. Thinking a little birdie brought it as a gift (I had veggies planted there last year, nothing purple LOL).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here we get wild phlox popping up all over the yard in the spring .Little lavender and pink flowers all over the back of my property by the outhouse shed and keep hoping it will spread and become a mass of flowers .

Reaction score
bet those are pretty ... love phlox ... have some rock cress poking up .. had thrown some starts into a bed (didnt think they were going to make it) and sure enough, some came back. If I can get that bed weeded, will throw what I have left for seeds over there too.

Ask a Question