My 40gallon mixed bag tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed the aquarium section on here, so here's a pic of my 40g tank.
I have another tank waiting to go to a 55g fluval roma, will be moving the Senegal bichir over to that once its finally setup/planted cycled etc
IMG_20210213_170807.jpg
IMG_20210213_170907.jpg

IMG_20210213_170638.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Will you be adding tannins to the water? I know some do well with catapa? Leaves, or other forms of tannins. I’ve never had those, but think they are a very cool fish, I’m just not where I could have a tank for them right now, nor have I had a serious desire for one.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, they are awesome fish, my favourite fish. I'll be buying some cattapa leaves and maybe some other botanicals for tannins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I could send you oak leaves! Lol, they are a high level tannin producer. Wash, then boil, and once you’ve got a lovely tannin oak tea, cool, and add desired amount to your water. Would require adding the “ tea” as needed, to maintain the dark water look. Or, you could wash, then boil the leaves for a short period of time and add them directly to the tank. The boil is just to remove any potential parasites.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could send you oak leaves! Lol, they are a high level tannin producer. Wash, then boil, and once you’ve got a lovely tannin oak tea, cool, and add desired amount to your water. Would require adding the “ tea” as needed, to maintain the dark water look. Or, you could wash, then boil the leaves for a short period of time and add them directly to the tank. The boil is just to remove any potential parasites.
Thank you so much but I'm in UK, they do them on amazon/ebay pretty cheap though big bags of em.
Thanks again it's goes very much appreciated (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ok, that might be a problem for shipping then, lol! But the U.K. has oaks too, so keep the tip in mind if you ever need it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, that might be a problem for shipping then, lol! But the U.K. has oaks too, so keep the tip in mind if you ever need it.
I have a huge oak tree at the back of my garden, it's ancient drops a ton of leaves every year :D

Ask a Question