my 70 gallon skippy filter

Reaction score
Right now I have one of the Flanders Filters and 20 packs of 5, 4.5" x 6" green dollar store scrubbies. I just need to cut everything to size, when I get done cutting I will see if I need anymore of something.

Reaction score
hey there.i love thyis design.i might not be able to get those rubbermaid containers would the square ones work and do i have to put a bottom drain or can i put a lenght of pvc pipe all the way along with a 4way santee and pive a ball valve to have it drain at the lowest point on the side also could i use clay pots to prop up the pvc inside instead or drilling the base.
thanks much.
and once again lovely design and filter.
ohhhh how often do you clean and is there any other filter material apart from the scrubbies.
cheers.
omar

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i use scrubbies,cut to fit furnace filters,and poly rope unraveled. but you can use any media you like. flushing the filter will depend...both filter and pond size, fishload, feeding amounts, will you be using prefilters? will it be fed from a skimmer or from the bottom of pond? alot of factors there. all i can say is this filter keeps my water in pristine condition, great parameters and gin clear! i will add, i do use prefilters.

Ask a Question