My almost done 3000 G Pond picture progress

Reaction score
Buck said:
it appears like the sides are 10-12' high which is plenty tall enough and makes a very nice pool but its width is very narrow looking and thats what will keep the soil at the height you have

The water measures 9" deep when the falls are running, the spillway is solid packed clay. I can stand on the sides with no issue. To be honest, didn't occur to me until after I had water in it. Good news it seems ok with only 9" of water to hold back. I may put stone on the sides next year when I landscape to re-inforce it.

Trying to decide if I like the waterfall design. Posted a video and pic to show how it looks with more rock. Added some more liner to catch drips from the waterfall out flow. Also added egg crate to keep scrubby pads underwater. Need to add pvc to dump water to the bottom of the filter and get a circular current working.

DSC02933.jpg

[ame]

Reaction score
Given my recent problem with racoons messing with my other ponds water fall and draining 50% of the water. I decided the big pond needed a fail safe so I added a float switch.

DSC02936.jpg

Works really well and its' cheap ($53 cdn). Let's me sleep at night with no worries. Current setup is temporary until I get landscaping around the pond to hide the float switch under some overhanging rocks.

Ask a Question