Pond almost done... Need lights. Suggestions?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. You all have all been very helpful in creating my first Pond. Just wanted to say a quick thanks! Attached is a pic of my pond. Still have a few things to do, but I am almost done.

I was thinking about putting some lights under the umbrealls shining down at the pond. Any suggestions on what kind of lights would work to do this? anyone have anything simliar?

again thanks for all your help!

Kevin

Attachments

• P7261243.jpg
    P7261243.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 438

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have one light in my tree shinning down on the pond ,,and one sitting in the rocks under a plant just at the top of the water, it makes great shadows with the water movement..both are on my low volt yard lights ... both are 20 watt spots

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Low voltage spots and some indirect lighting on the fence after planting some bamboo or papyrus back there. The indirect lighting would backlight the plants and the fence may not even be noticed.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I used PVC tubes driven into the ground to stand my umbrella into. I made sure it was vertical using a level. If yours are in dirt, the poles won't last long.

Reaction score
Yea they are in dirt right now, I was planning on cementing them down with all the wind we have around here.

Reaction score
The poles on the umbrellas are metal not wood, so I dont have to worry about any kind of wood rot from the poles being in the dirt. My main concern really is the wind. If a big wind storm comes up while I'm sleeping or at work I'm just worried about the wind blowing them up and out. that's why I was going to cement them down. If I put them in the pvc tube how would I anchor them down again the wind?

Reaction score
Looking good. I agree with Dr Dave and have the PVC to slip them into. They will rust and would think you want to ability to remove when necessary. You can easily drill and thread a bolt into the PVC where it sticks out of the ground a few inches to hold them in place.

Reaction score
Better yet but, dependent upon the on the size of umbrella pipe, you may be able to find a compression fitting for the PVC that would tighten on to the umbrella pipe.

Reaction score
That's why I love this site! Problem solved. I will definetly use the pvc tube and cement that down. Then drill a resistraing bolt to keep in place. Thanks!!

Ask a Question