Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Today he is now pure yellow :)

All other 4 fish in the pond are all yellow now too. Will see if they will keep their yellow or turn different color. But it's pretty interesting that all of the babies are pure yellow, like the dad eventhough the mom is calico :)
Genetics in GF is apparently quite unpredictable, at least as far as colors go. Something about GF having a greater number of genes for all possible color and scale-type combos. That does have to be frustrating for breeders.

But, personally, I would love to see a come back of the yellow color! That's what I remember GF looking like when I was a kid.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Mmathis The sunburst goldfish I got from William Tricker last summer are still yellow. http://www.tricker.com/Item/sunburst-goldfishes

Here is a picture of one of them (not the best shot but you get the idea especially with the red/white to the left of him)

0720162026a.jpg
0720162026a.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@Mmathis The sunburst goldfish I got from William Tricker last summer are still yellow. http://www.tricker.com/Item/sunburst-goldfishes

Here is a picture of one of them (not the best shot but you get the idea especially with the red/white to the left of him)

View attachment 93385 View attachment 93385
oh wow, that's really yellow! Mine's yellowish/orange (more gold in color than yellow), depending on the light lol. In my indoor tank light it's really yellow but in my pond it's gets more orange ting.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks!! I'm actually very particular about fish when i buy them so I want to know exactly which one i get :) I wish I could buy cheaper fish but most of the ones that show individual pictures are pretty expensive.

I understand :) You would not be able to hand pick them online but you would be able to if you went there. It was pretty cool actually. They had rows of vats that were filled with different types and sizes of goldfish and koi (as well as other tropical fish and snails and such) It was hard to just pick a few but that's all I could get away with since the hubby was standing over watching me :sneaky:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I understand :) You would not be able to hand pick them online but you would be able to if you went there. It was pretty cool actually. They had rows of vats that were filled with different types and sizes of goldfish and koi (as well as other tropical fish and snails and such) It was hard to just pick a few but that's all I could get away with since the hubby was standing over watching me :sneaky:
If i ever go to Ohio! :)
I'd love to go pick fish too. Not with my family, mind, or they will be just like your hubby, and i'll feel obligate to pick quickly:oops:

Ask a Question