j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I would do the same thing when my hubby would leave Keith. Whenever he came home from work I would add a tree or dig a hole etc. Once it's in and finished what can they do and sometimes it would be weeks before he would even notice :smug:

Reaction score
I would do the same thing when my hubby would leave Keith. Whenever he came home from work I would add a tree or dig a hole etc. Once it's in and finished what can they do and sometimes it would be weeks before he would even notice :smug:
I had to wait until my hubby left for a weekend up north to take my waterfall apart. I just couldn't get it right and spent many hours lifting heavy rocks, smashing knuckles and toes! I knew if I pulled it down when he was around he would give me flack. But it does have to be just right for me.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Mine never notices................ I can get away with almost anything!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lisaebetten, We've been married 21 years too, but it still has not stopped my wife from constantly improving me and everything I do with her "suggestions". When I first started building the pond it coincided with the housing crash and I had a lot of free time on my hands because I was a builder with nothing to do. She literally thought I lost my mind because I was covered in mud for about a month while I was digging it and re-digging it over and over to fix all the problems. She has generally accepted the fact that it was a really good idea since then. She even acknowledges now that she knew I kept making it larger but didn't know exactly when I did it. Now when we have friends over she invites them to sit by "our" pond. She still doesn't love the fish that much but is crazy about our frogs or I should say frog because both left for a while and only one came back.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is he legally blind?
Laughing, nah, just not observant. I put up an above ground surrounded by landscape wood enclosure for the blue berries, about two weeks later he asked when do you do that? Now that he is retired and home all the time, my "freedom" is less lol. He does not really care what I do with the yard, but does keep me off the roof and ladders, which is probably good.

Reaction score
She literally thought I lost my mind because I was covered in mud for about a month while I was digging
Amen to that! I have never been so dirty so constantly in my whole gardening life!! If fact I vowed to wear the same pair of pond socks until it was done, I did pitch a couple times. I wore the same 2 dirty outfits so I didn't ruin everything and I planned to throw them out but now I keep them for summer junk work. I'm glad your wife came around! My husband wasn't excited at all especially when he saw the depth and clay all over! He does know I am a hobbier and it was time for a new one. He is a broker/flipper and has seen several homes with ponds these days, so that helped.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LOL I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. I have done the same thing. White socks that are now black and a few pair of shorts that will never be the same. It got to the point that the hubby would see them and know what I had planned for the day. I was pretty lucky though since we already had the hole, anything I did was an improvement.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond clothes have holes in them, so worn out. I saved a lot of scrubs from the hospital, perfect for trashing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sometimes when I come in after working outdoors I am covered in dirt so thick there are white area's just around my eyes and all else is dirt tanned. Hubby always says "did you know you have a very dirty face" DUH!!! I have plenty of old worn out clothes I use for all kinds of different grubby work from painting to gathering pitch soaked wood. I had shoes that gained a couple inches in height cuz of all the Pine tree pitch :D

Reaction score
I had shoes that gained a couple inches in height cuz of all the Pine tree pitch
Drives me crazy when the clay is packed unevenly on the bottom's! I have a couple different slip on tennies I use and when 1 gets thick soled I hose them and let them dry out. I even get clay in my tall mud boots, gads.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lucky you can hose yours off! No clay here just sandy soil but that pitch on my shoes you need a jackhammer to get it off so I just use them like they are for wood cutting pine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've gone through several generations of pond clothes that at the end of their useful life I probably wouldn't want my neighbors seeing me in them. So here is an interesting question.... How many people let their pond bioload increase just so they get to play in the mud some more ;)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing! I played in the muck all day yesterday, clearing out bog plants, moving stuff around frogs hopping everywhere, from 1 inch size to 3-4 inch size. Doing an early winter clean up.

Ask a Question