My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Bradford pears are lovely trees - but man, that nasty smell when they bloom is enough to make me never one want. My neighbor directly behind me has a couple and I was SURE he had murdered someone and buried the body in the garden. So smelly!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bradford pears are lovely trees - but man, that nasty smell when they bloom is enough to make me never one want. My neighbor directly behind me has a couple and I was SURE he had murdered someone and buried the body in the garden. So smelly!
No kidding the whole road stinks when the ones around here bloom. I thought something had died. The bees don't go near them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now that's interesting! I wonder if they are pollinated by flies who love stinky things?
I look at them when they are blooming, but never see anything near or on the flowers. Something must do it.

They are splitting apart here, most are old trees, constantly finding ones breaking apart. A good wind, a snow, poof tree broken in half.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmmm. We had a Bradford pear at our old house and I actually liked it. Never noticed the bad odor from it's blooms because it usually bloomed when it was very cold and rainy in April when I wasn't outside much..... well I broke down and bought one more Butterfly Koi. This is my last one. It has a silver body with a slight blueish tinge and black markings down it's dorsal fins and a bright yellow head. It has very long fins and a long tail with a little black at it's tip.
So the pond consists of about 50 assorted goldfish and two Butterfly Koi. I think this is probably a good mix. I don't expect the Koi to get that big because I'm not going to go crazy feeding them. Pictures to come!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hint my sister called me from the granite counter top place as she wants to replace her countertops and they had a whole stack of broken pieces that she asked about and they said I could have them free .Who would have known they would be free .They will be there saturday and said i could pick them up and hoping my knee is OK by then .Sharon said some of the pieces were 10 by 18 inch's and some larger some smaller all different colors .She had them measure one of them and sent me pics

Ask a Question