My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Mitch. I'll be so happy when this is over! I'm supposed be doing this in my spare time while i manage my other work but my wife thinks it's okay to call me every 5 minutes about something and I should be there at least three times a day!
Thanks Addy. We were able to maintain the classic Chicago greystone exterior but make the interior more contemporary. I need to take a picture so you can see the ceilings. They are very flat with no obstructions so it gives the space a very minimalist look.
Tula. I hope your ankle gets better soon. That's not fun. I'm slowly getting better but it's a little hard coughing, sneezing etc. My daughter lives in a loft right in the heart of OTR. I really like the architecture there too. Every time we visit she takes us to a craft beer bar or brewery because she know I like craft beer.
Thanks JW. Yes you are right. We are only moving our current living stuff now. We are moving our storage stuff in a week or two. My wife is hoping I'm feeling better then.
Lisak thanks. Wow that doesn't sound good about either. Feel better! Hmmm... I broke my pinky too a few years ago too but it was in something a little more active than doing dishes!

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
It looks amazing Keith! Vinyl plank for the floors? We just replaced our floors with vinyl plank (glue down) last fall & love it. definitely post a pic of the pump set up when you get a chance, got my curiosity picked! Good luck with the ribs, I've never damaged any but managed to pull those muscles in the past, you never realize how much you use them until you do!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have been using vinyl plank in some of the rentals, renters can't harm it! And it looks good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It looks amazing Keith! Vinyl plank for the floors? We just replaced our floors with vinyl plank (glue down) last fall & love it. definitely post a pic of the pump set up when you get a chance, got my curiosity picked! Good luck with the ribs, I've never damaged any but managed to pull those muscles in the past, you never realize how much you use them until you do!
Thanks Nathan. Our floors are 5" white oak. The first floor has 3.25 inch white oak, and we put engineered bamboo in the basement. Addy no vinyl for us in this project but we considered it for the basement. I decided engineered would look better there, but we will see how it works out. Thanks Nathan, I'm going into week two and finally it's improving. Tula feel better!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You've done a fantastic job Keith!
Thanks! Really it was my wife that picked out everything. I just built it. We finally got our counters today and stopped living off of cardboard counters.. We went a little thicker for the island countertop. Everything else is 1.25 inches and he island is 2". We still need the kitchen faucet but that should be in any day....
IMG_20170706_121011449.jpg

IMG_20170706_120937329.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Haver. Mitch yep Wolf and Subzero frig. The frig costs twice as much as my first new car! It's fun picking stuff out when you don't look at your budget. Now we just need to pay for everything! For the kitchen backsplash it is going to have large concrete tiles on the walls above the cabinets going to the ceiling. We still need to pick out the exact tile. Here is the final stairs with the railing from our 2nd floor to the 3rd floor. The railing company was pushing for us to do glass panels but my wife wanted steel and no glass and I think it came out good.
IMG_20170709_105024189.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was at the garden store yesterday and still thinking maybe about one butterfly Koi. They had some really pretty ones. I have heard that butterfly Koi mix in well with goldfish. I don't want the Koi eating all my plants though. Also working on the yard layout and hope to get everything looking better in the next week or so.

Ask a Question